PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Wiggs and Stomatitis Cure?

Pages : [1] 2

Nancyrose
07-31-2009, 12:13 PM
Has anyone read the letter on the Yahoo Stomatitis site about this Dr. Wiggs in Texas and his Stomatitis cure? It claims to put the disease in remission, with on going drugs, no extractions, etc. This is the contact info, but I don't know anything except what the writer said about her cat being cured.
Coit Road Animal Hospital
(Dallas Dental Service Animal Clinic)
Dr. Bob Wiggs
12600 Coit Road
Dallas, TX 75251
(972) 239-2111

mvaillancourt
08-11-2009, 09:05 PM
Hello Nancyrose,

Due to your post I booked an appointment for my cat and drove to Dallas not to far from San Antonio. It has now been only 1 week since BJ has been on the medication. He seems to be doing great. I have 3 more weeks before I am due to return with him to Dallas. I can keep you posted on what is going on with the treatment of my cat.

Marie

Nancyrose
08-12-2009, 12:12 PM
Hello Nancyrose,

Due to your post I booked an appointment for my cat and drove to Dallas not to far from San Antonio. It has now been only 1 week since BJ has been on the medication. He seems to be doing great. I have 3 more weeks before I am due to return with him to Dallas. I can keep you posted on what is going on with the treatment of my cat.

Marie
I am thrilled I could give some good info. Please let me know how it goes. I wish I lived closer, I am in NJ so that is out for now. I have my girl Willie on Atopica and I'll know more at her next visit next Monday. I wish Dr.Wiggs would confer with other vets and let them in on this but I guess until he has a patent he won't be doing that. Maybe you could ask at your next visit if he plans on working with other vets in other parts of the country and whether they could call and confer with him and then let us know. Good luck with your baby.[/QUOTE]

Lululapell
09-25-2009, 01:11 AM
I have two stomatitis babies that are on Dr. Wigg's prgram. He has been my lifesaver with one of them.
My one is a 4 year old female that was 12 on a scale of 1 to 10. Our vet had told me to euthanize her because she was in so much pain, but I just wasn't going to give up yet. I knew I had a short period of time to research things and so I put her on metcam and got to work.
In talking to my SIL, who lives in Dallas, I heard of Dr. Wiggs. I called and scheduled an appt. Both of my babies when in for the procedure at the same time. My other baby has gingivitis and needed a cleaning.
Once he was done with them, I took the liquid meds he gave me and went home. We were on them 2x a day for a week and then once a week. We have been on them now with my severe case for 5 months (once a day) and she is doing awesome! I have had to take her back twice (once at 30 days and then after another 3 months) and she is maintaining her mouth. And she is a kitten again! This was a baby who was in so much pain (when I rescued her) that she didn't even really do anything. She was pretty much gone. But I was determined to save her and he did. God bless Dr. Wiggs. I highly recommend him to everyone. I traveled from New Mexico to see him and it was so worth it.

Has anyone read the letter on the Yahoo Stomatitis site about this Dr. Wiggs in Texas and his Stomatitis cure? It claims to put the disease in remission, with on going drugs, no extractions, etc. This is the contact info, but I don't know anything except what the writer said about her cat being cured.
Coit Road Animal Hospital
(Dallas Dental Service Animal Clinic)
Dr. Bob Wiggs
12600 Coit Road
Dallas, TX 75251
(972) 239-2111

DianeP
09-25-2009, 04:55 PM
I have two stomatitis babies that are on Dr. Wigg's prgram. He has been my lifesaver with one of them.
My one is a 4 year old female that was 12 on a scale of 1 to 10. Our vet had told me to euthanize her because she was in so much pain, but I just wasn't going to give up yet. I knew I had a short period of time to research things and so I put her on metcam and got to work.
In talking to my SIL, who lives in Dallas, I heard of Dr. Wiggs. I called and scheduled an appt. Both of my babies when in for the procedure at the same time. My other baby has gingivitis and needed a cleaning.
Once he was done with them, I took the liquid meds he gave me and went home. We were on them 2x a day for a week and then once a week. We have been on them now with my severe case for 5 months (once a day) and she is doing awesome! I have had to take her back twice (once at 30 days and then after another 3 months) and she is maintaining her mouth. And she is a kitten again! This was a baby who was in so much pain (when I rescued her) that she didn't even really do anything. She was pretty much gone. But I was determined to save her and he did. God bless Dr. Wiggs. I highly recommend him to everyone. I traveled from New Mexico to see him and it was so worth it.

Hi and welcome to the forum. I'm so glad you've had such a good outcome for your kitties! It's wonderful that you didn't give up on them!

Qaytbey
09-25-2009, 05:52 PM
I'd be interested to hear Dr Gus's opinion on this treatment.......

I am SO pleased that it has worked for you..... and welcome to the forum!

Lululapell
09-25-2009, 06:10 PM
Would never happen... even when I've had serious behavioral issues, we have worked through them. Once an animal walks through that door, they are family. And we don't give up on family. :rolley:
And thank you for the warm welcome. Hopefully I can learn a lot from this forum, as well as give advice here and there when I can.

DianeP
09-25-2009, 07:52 PM
Would never happen... even when I've had serious behavioral issues, we have worked through them. Once an animal walks through that door, they are family. And we don't give up on family. :rolley:
And thank you for the warm welcome. Hopefully I can learn a lot from this forum, as well as give advice here and there when I can.

That's how we all feel about our critters here!

Lululapell
09-25-2009, 08:44 PM
That's how we all feel about our critters here!

Which is why I am so glad to have found you all. :clap:

mitch
09-25-2009, 11:45 PM

that's great. welcome to the forum! .m

DrGus
09-29-2009, 09:12 AM
Not sure what his protocol is. He says this, "The adult cats with feline oral inflammatory disease are surgical patients. These cats respond excellently, with complete remission, to a new surgical protocol that is coupled with histopathology, oral radiology diagnostics, osseous surgery and bone grafting."

What one usually finds is that if a new procedure comes along that is curative of a traditionally difficult to control problem, within a short period of time every board certified veterinary dentist and veterinary teaching hospital is using it and soon thereafter most general practitioners are using it as well. That hasn't happened yet, nor has there been an independent review of the procedure. If it works, all of these things will happen.

Lululapell
01-09-2010, 03:24 PM
From what Dr. Wiggs told me, the 007 syrup that they are using is under "experimental" stages and they are in the final stages for FDA approval. As soon as this happens, they will be able to spread the word and wonders of this drug. Until then, they are keeping it under lock and key, for obvious reasons.
All I can say is that from personal experience, this is a wonder drug.

Not sure what his protocol is. He says this, "The adult cats with feline oral inflammatory disease are surgical patients. These cats respond excellently, with complete remission, to a new surgical protocol that is coupled with histopathology, oral radiology diagnostics, osseous surgery and bone grafting."

What one usually finds is that if a new procedure comes along that is curative of a traditionally difficult to control problem, within a short period of time every board certified veterinary dentist and veterinary teaching hospital is using it and soon thereafter most general practitioners are using it as well. That hasn't happened yet, nor has there been an independent review of the procedure. If it works, all of these things will happen.

happycatfamily
01-18-2010, 04:23 PM
Hi... My name is Carolina, and I just dropped off my cat at Dr. Wiggs for treatment today... Well... At his clinic anyways... Dr. Wiggs passed away in November (I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news if you guys don't know yet :( ), but he has left his legacy behind, and the doctors in his clinic still follow his protocol.
He will have his dental and surgery if needed today, and then will be put in daily meds for life.
I asked what was in the cocktail, and they said they couldn't tell me, as it was a proprietary blend, but all the drugs in the mixture were already FDA approved. As he was explaining to me, it all made sense, but now I don't remember all the details anymore...
I am happy to see that others have had good experience with them...
Dr. Wiggs (RIP) went to University with my vet, and was highly recommended to me by him, whom I trust blindly, so I can only trust him too....
I will make sure to keep you guys posted, if anyone is interested :)
If you guys could spare some vibes for my baby boy for a good surgery and recovery, that would be fantastic!

JGallo
01-18-2010, 06:03 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum. I hope the treatment works for your baby. Keep us posted.

calicokitty
01-18-2010, 06:20 PM
If you guys could spare some vibes for my baby boy for a good surgery and recovery, that would be fantastic!

Sending good vibes your way.

happycatfamily
01-18-2010, 06:55 PM
Oh my goodness - I am freaking out...
My vet called... Bugsy is fine... BUT - it was not Gingivitis, it was a VERY BAD case of Stomatitis.
Stomatitis is measured on a scale of 1 to 3, and his was 2.8 :(
His mouth is so inflamed that no extractions ca be performed today, as healing will be way to painful for him to bear.
I am shaking... I had no Idea!!! I can barely move right now...
They said the plan is to do the dental today, treat him for a good 6 months, and only then take him back for the extractions - that is how bad his mouth is ...
Oh my god........ My poor baby..... How can I not have seen this?
He is being worked on, and will be ready to be picked up in about 1/2 hour...
I feel so bad! I didn't see this, neither did his vet... I thought it was just on the outside, and around his gums... I feel like there is a knife being twisted right inside my heart...
My poor baby...

DianeP
01-18-2010, 07:03 PM
Oh my goodness - I am freaking out...
My vet called... Bugsy is fine... BUT - it was not Gingivitis, it was a VERY BAD case of Stomatitis.
Stomatitis is measured on a scale of 1 to 3, and his was 2.8 :(
His mouth is so inflamed that no extractions ca be performed today, as healing will be way to painful for him to bear.
I am shaking... I had no Idea!!! I can barely move right now...
They said the plan is to do the dental today, treat him for a good 6 months, and only then take him back for the extractions - that is how bad his mouth is ...
Oh my god........ My poor baby..... How can I not have seen this?
He is being worked on, and will be ready to be picked up in about 1/2 hour...
I feel so bad! I didn't see this, neither did his vet... I thought it was just on the outside, and around his gums... I feel like there is a knife being twisted right inside my heart...
My poor baby...

Hi and welcome to the forum! You have a beautiful kitty family judging from your sig line! I'm sorry to read about Bugsy's problems, but please don't beat yourself up over not having known about how bad it was. Cats are notorious for disguising health problems. It's one way they survive in the wild. My cat Cicero had dental problems for a couple of years before even a vet figured out that something was not right. You said you trust your vet, and apparently even he wasn't aware until he got Bugsy under anesthesia and was able to do a thorough exam. So don't expect yourself to have realized it. If Bugsy is anything like Cicero, I suspect he won't let you even look in his mouth. Please keep us posted on how he's doing! If you like you can start a new thread and tell us all about your furkids.

GailS
01-18-2010, 07:54 PM
Hi Carolina, and welcome to the forum! You know that cats are masters at hiding pain and illness, so please, try not to blame yourself!

I know that's hard not to do, I'm one to talk. When Tolly had his FORL(resorptive lesions) I had no idea he was having mouth pain at all, until his 6 month check up. I was mortified when the vet said he'd probably been in pain for a couple months at least.

In retrospect, I had noticed he had slowed down a bit, gotten quieter, but I put it to growing older. He was like a kitten again (and still is) after his surgery.

Please keep us updated on Bugsy.

Gail

KarenA
01-18-2010, 09:12 PM
All good thoughts are being sent for Bugsy's speedy recovery. He's a handsome boy!! It sounds like he's well on his way to good dental health and you've done a fine job of identifying the problem and getting him to the right place to get it solved.

happycatfamily
01-22-2010, 02:05 AM
So, Bugsy has Lymphocytic Plasmacytic Stomatits. Not only that, but he also had several root exposures, Resorptive lesions, and Periodontal Disease Stage 4.
He will need multiple dental extractions once his gingival tissues heals.
He was given local shots of an antibiotic (Perimino TAA) and depo-medrol, as well as had a dental cleaning, polishing, and desensitization, as well as Ora5 Chemical periodontal disease treatment.
He will need to go back in 30 days, then in 3 months - depending on how he is, plans will be made to extract his teeth.
As far as the anesthesia, he did great, and came right back up when it was over... They didn't give him too much though, as they noticed right away his gums were way too inflamed to deal with surgery.
He is up right now, and there has been no hissing here...
He didn't want to eat wet food - went straight to his dry food... go figure... Thank goodness his dry food is super soft and it melts away very easily!
I will keep you all posted - I think this will be interesting, since it is such a new treatment!
Another post is coming up with more updates.....