ONE of the local pounds...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ONE of the local pounds...

...and this was always thought of as one of the better ones. Some animals are adopted from it, or were:
    http://www.timesleaderonline.com/pag...id/527462.html

And the woman who started the ball rolling is complaining about the hassle she's getting? She broke all the rules: she identified herself to pound employees and used a phone that could be traced to her.

From the link:

The group was not permitted to address the board as Harrison County Commissioner Barbara Pincola explained that rules require any persons wishing to talk during the official meeting to meet the requirement of requesting to be placed on the agenda a minimum of nine days prior to the date.

This is bull, and residents need to demand changes if that is the situation. This is not democracy. My township requires 5 days notice in advance to place an item on the agenda, but anyone can address any issue after the meeting business has completed.

But I know of some places that require people to register in advance, and actually submit their questions in writing, and adhere to those words when they address the officials. Now that smacks of totalitarianism.
    sigpic

Comment

No, those really are their rules. Our county commissioners got busted on that when they required two weeks' notice and reserved the right to refuse to hear a certain person, but theirs haven't been caught yet (we're in the county next door.)

Comment

*shaking head* What a mess.

Yazza
        Yasmine; Staff: Your First Cat.
        I love the smell of espresso in the morning.
        NYT, USA Today, and Publishers Weekly Bestselling urban fantasy author www.galenorn.com
        I miss all my Rainbow Bridge Gurlz...love to Meerclar, Luna , Keeter , Tara , Circe

Comment

I guarantee you that if any of us had been caught leaving a dog chained up outside without shelter, bedding, food or water we'd be in jail. However, if you're a professional...

Comment

Working...
          X