Shed snakeskin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shed snakeskin

I found a shed snakeskin in my yard. I have seen a few snakes in my yard this season, but this is the first time I have found a shed skin. From the size, I am assuming it is an Anaconda. Or maybe not. I don't know if the presence of snakes is a sign the environment is getting healthier or not.
    sigpic

If the skin doesnít have rattles, itís probably a garden snake...most likely a sign of a healthy environment, or someone left the cage door open.
    Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

This is the first shed skin that I have seen, but I have seen two other snakes in my yard. They are the common variety harmless snakes. While bicycling on the trails, I came across a 6 foot snake on the path. And I have seen a few others, some which didn't make it on the path. I know the snake was about 6 feet, as the path is 12 feet wide, and it took up half the width.
      sigpic

Comment

We have lots of garter snakes here. Not anaconda sized but sometimes their shed skin looks a lot igger than the snake.
        The Bee and me, Maggie Forever! (January 1988- June 19, 2010), Irving Always! (March 1987 - October 25, 1999) Vancouver, BC, Theo my big beautiful boy. July 27, 2010-April 3, 2017

Comment

Working...
        X