Bush trimming suspended

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush trimming suspended

I went out to trim the bushes in front of my house, and decided to let be for the one bush. Probably enjoying the insects on the bushes. I trim individual branches; I don't use a hedge clippers.

April 26, snake-s.jpg
    sigpic

Maggie just got in a tiff with one of those on our front lawn.
    Jill Gallo /Manager
    The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

It looks quite at home there....you may have to forego trimming that bush for awhile.
      Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

Originally posted by DianeP View Post
        It looks quite at home there....you may have to forego trimming that bush for awhile.
        Within an hour, a strong rain storm blew through. No snake wants to be on top of a bush when driving rains and winds are coming through.

in edit: last year with my yard renovation, I had hay mats to protect the grass seed. I piled them up, to overwinter, and am now working on separating the plastic mesh from the hay. I pulled up one, to find a grass snake, who tried to get away but only got tangled up with the mesh. I carefully worked to snip away the plastic to free him/her. I hope the snake has a good summer.
        Last edited by calicokitty; 04-29-2019, 01:14 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by calicokitty View Post

Within an hour, a strong rain storm blew through. No snake wants to be on top of a bush when driving rains and winds are coming through.

in edit: last year with my yard renovation, I had hay mats to protect the grass seed. I piled them up, to overwinter, and am now working on separating the plastic mesh from the hay. I pulled up one, to find a grass snake, who tried to get away but only got tangled up with the mesh. I carefully worked to snip away the plastic to free him/her. I hope the snake has a good summer.
          At least it wasn’t a rattlesnake, which is what we find under things around here.
          Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

Sometimes when snakes do that they are looking for birds nesting in the bushes.

Comment

Working...
            X