Another save

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another save

Last Spring, I did a massive rehab of my lawn, and in the process used thousands of square feet of hay mat. I rolled them up, and stacked them to allow them to rot. I have been working to get the hay remnants shaken off, and disposing of the plastic mesh. Seems like the mesh is a death trap for grass snakes, and today, I found a second snake caught in the mesh. Apparently, the snake can move forward, but not backwards. I carefully snipped way the mesh, to free the snake. Whether it is the same one I rescued before, it didn't matter. In another mesh pile I found a snake, and the snake didn't make it. Fortunately, I have little left to dispose of. Those still have a lot off hay attached.
    sigpic

Thatís too bad...glad you were able to rescue at least one
    Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

I almost ran over one with the mower, and I wonder if it was the same one. Yard service in a few weeks, so I hope none of the snakes are traveling across the lawn then. Got rid of most off the mesh and I buried the one where they have been hanging around. The hay should rot by fall, and I can remove it all.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X