No announcement yet.

Which is Best Food For your dog...??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a dog in my house and i prefer Royal Canin for him because it is very healthy. For cat food i found amazing and perfect because from here i got weight gaining food for my cat.

Comment

Originally posted by cat1472 View Post
      I have a dog in my house and i prefer Royal Canin for him because it is very healthy. For cat food i found amazing and perfect because from here i got weight gaining food for my cat.
      I'm not sure how many cats need to gain weight? Is that your website?
      Jill Gallo /Manager
      The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

Why this topic doesn't have more replies... I am curious to find out about your experiences with grain free food. All of my recommendations go to grain free, as me and my Cooper can't choose other than that :/
        Last year it turned out that my he has food allergy...He was itching and shaking his head like crazy and I suspected he had ear inflammation or something, but didn't expect that it was actually caused by food allergy. It turned out that ear inflammation, diarrhea and even chronic gas are the symptoms of food allergy. Our vet even asked me if my dog lick his feet....??!!
        Than he told us that most pets are usually allergic to more than one thing and that allergies usually comes in a 'package'. We were lucky enough that Cooper has 'only' a grain allergy. It's not something you are happy to hear when you think you are doing it all right. Anyway, when I realized that my pup needed special diet, I switched to Ivorycoat grain free food and it still works ok.
        The other thing is that Cooper usually get bored of the same food after some time, so I would like to hear other's experiences and recommendations, in case that I need to switch again sometime soon. Anyone? Thanks!

Comment

This topic won't have more replies because the original post is form 2012. Many times people post here, then rarely or never come back to check their responses. My one dog does have allergies, but it's not to food. She has seasonal allergies, and she does lick her feet. She licks them to the point of being raw and infected. We tried treating her for food allergies first, but she still kept licking her feet.
          I'm glad you found a product that works for your dog.
          Jill Gallo /Manager
          The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha113 View Post
            Why this topic doesn't have more replies... I am curious to find out about your experiences with grain free food. All of my recommendations go to grain free, as me and my Cooper can't choose other than that :/
            Last year it turned out that my he has food allergy...He was itching and shaking his head like crazy and I suspected he had ear inflammation or something, but didn't expect that it was actually caused by food allergy. It turned out that ear inflammation, diarrhea and even chronic gas are the symptoms of food allergy. Our vet even asked me if my dog lick his feet....??!!
            Than he told us that most pets are usually allergic to more than one thing and that allergies usually comes in a 'package'. We were lucky enough that Cooper has 'only' a grain allergy. It's not something you are happy to hear when you think you are doing it all right. Anyway, when I realized that my pup needed special diet, I switched to Ivorycoat grain free food and it still works ok.
            The other thing is that Cooper usually get bored of the same food after some time, so I would like to hear other's experiences and recommendations, in case that I need to switch again sometime soon. Anyone? Thanks!
            My 19 year old cat has to eat grainfree food and has for years. Surprisingly, I find he does well on Fancy Feast canned food. He’s very opi my and doesn’t want to change foods. Be careful if you do change foods to doit slowly.

Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

Originally posted by DianeP View Post

My 19 year old cat has to eat grainfree food and has for years. Surprisingly, I find he does well on Fancy Feast canned food. He’s very opi my and doesn’t want to change foods. Be careful if you do change foods to doit slowly.
              oh my, 19 years old <3 I see they have only cat food, however, thank you for your comment!

Comment

Originally posted by JGallo View Post
                This topic won't have more replies because the original post is form 2012. Many times people post here, then rarely or never come back to check their responses. My one dog does have allergies, but it's not to food. She has seasonal allergies, and she does lick her feet. She licks them to the point of being raw and infected. We tried treating her for food allergies first, but she still kept licking her feet.
                I'm glad you found a product that works for your dog.
                Thanks for your reply! Luckily, my dog doesn't have that symptom, I 've never heard of it before, so I was really surprised. I remember he was licking his foot like a crazy when he had a grass seed underneath his skin, but that's another story... I guess there are proper solutions for seasonal allergies too, that can at least reduce the irritations on your pup's skin.

Comment

Working...
                X