Busy feeders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Busy feeders

Sorry about the poor focus, but you still can see the feeders are very busy, with lots of goldfinches eating. Cardinals also showed up, as well as finches and woodpeckers. Compared to yesterday, the temperature is 40 degrees lower. This was shot through a window that has a screen on it.yesterday, the temperature is 40 degrees lower. This was shot through a window that has a screen on it.
    Last edited by calicokitty; 08-09-2018, 05:38 PM.
    sigpic

Voracious little critters! They must be hating all that cold weather.
    Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

I was so excited I actually had a pair of gold finches here yesterday. I rarely see them.
      Jill Gallo /Manager
      The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

One needs the right seed to attract goldfinches. Thistle is a magnet, but they also like sunflower hearts. For mine, they seem to prefer sunflower hearts, which they don't have to shuck to eat. I guess mine are lazy! As I wind down the season of feeding, I will have gone through 100 pounds of sunflower hearts, 10 pounds of thistle, and 250 pounds of mixed seed.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by calicokitty View Post
          One needs the right seed to attract goldfinches. Thistle is a magnet, but they also like sunflower hearts. For mine, they seem to prefer sunflower hearts, which they don't have to shuck to eat. I guess mine are lazy! As I wind down the season of feeding, I will have gone through 100 pounds of sunflower hearts, 10 pounds of thistle, and 250 pounds of mixed seed.
          I do put out sunflower hearts! That's a regular seed here, but we rarely get goldfinches. I haven't seen a pair in years.I have pictures I took with my phone, but since it's through glass they're not the best.
          Jill Gallo /Manager
          The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

We have lots of goldfinches here. They hang off the feeder sock by the dozens. I feed niger....otherwise known as thistle....seed.

Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

Working...
            X