Lucky baby bird

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucky baby bird

It is a good thing I am able to mow the lawn, or there probably wouldn't be any chance for this baby bird, which I think is a wren. Oh, he/she wouldn't get chopped by the blade, just crushed by the wheels especially with the commercial mowers. I was mowing, and saw a tiny movement in the grass. Then I saw it was a baby bird. Maybe fell out of the nest trying to do the maiden flight. And since I have bird boxes around, probably from one of my boxes. I kept my eye out when I was mowing, hoping the bird would hop into the heavy bushes. And just when I thought the baby had, it was right in front of my mower, and then scampering underneath. I immediately cut the power and lifted the mower up. The bird was all right. The baby is not a lot bigger than a golf ball. And last week when I was mowing the lawn, the resident grass snake slithered in front of my mower.

sigpic

Good thing you saw it.
    Jill Gallo /Manager
    The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

So what happened to it?
      Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

Originally posted by DianeP View Post
        So what happened to it?
        All I know is that I didn't do it any harm. It was near heavily vegetated area, and I know the parents are around as I see them. It could almost fly, and with birds, that doesn't take long to go from almost to flying.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by calicokitty View Post

All I know is that I didn't do it any harm. It was near heavily vegetated area, and I know the parents are around as I see them. It could almost fly, and with birds, that doesn't take long to go from almost to flying.
          And the parents will take care of them while they’re on the ground.
          Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

Working...
          X