Feeders are up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeders are up

I put up the array of bird feeders yesterday afternoon. This morning, it was clear the deer found it overnight, as all the ground seed was gone and there were hoof marks. But already the purple finches have found the feeders, so I figure it will get busy quickly. Word will quickly get around. Can't wait until my kitties find out about the new Bird TV.

in edit: more and more different birds are showing up, which means the birds have a very good communication system.
    Last edited by calicokitty; 11-21-2019, 01:13 PM.
    sigpic

Birdwatching at the feeders is fun...since this is a relatively new community, it’s taking awhile for the birds to come back after scattering during construction. Right now I’m seeing white crowned sparrows and yellow rumped warblers, along with the usual doves, mockingbirds, and jays. The other day we sat in a neighbor’s back yard on the open space and counted 18 species.
    Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

The feeders are not getting a lot of action, but the weather has been somewhat decent, and a slow start really means very little. i get two different woodpeckers, after the sunflower hearts. I guess it beats banging their head on a tree for food. Doves and some juncos, and purple finches are also visitors, as well as the bushy tailed seed grabber. And deer visit to lick the ground seed up overnight. It often takes a month before things get real busy.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X