All goldfinches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All goldfinches

When I looked out the window, all the perches were occupied by goldfinches. But by the time I got my camera, some had flown away. The birds are really going through my bird food supply. The long tube feeders have sunflower hearts, and the short one thistle seed. Surprising, my cats seem less interested in the birds, but are interested when squirrels show up. Nala looks at the birds from a distance, and chatters at them. For some unknown reason, she has no interest in watching up close.

January 28s.jpg
    sigpic

Nice! That's one bird I rarely get.
    Jill Gallo /Manager
    The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

We have many goldfinches. Poppy loves to watch birds.
      Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

We only have house finches.
        The Bee and me, Maggie Forever! (January 1988- June 19, 2010), Irving Always! (March 1987 - October 25, 1999) Vancouver, BC, Theo my big beautiful boy. July 27, 2010-April 3, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by MW&MW View Post
          We only have house finches.
          A number of years ago, house finches crowded out the house sparrows. Now, there are more goldfinches than there are house finches, although plenty of both.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by calicokitty View Post

A number of years ago, house finches crowded out the house sparrows. Now, there are more goldfinches than there are house finches, although plenty of both.
            At least the house sparrows are history
            Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

Working...
            X