Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raccoons troubling me

Hi,

So very recently - about 2 days ago - while working on my yard outside I heard some major tapping inside my roof. I live in a townhouse attached to 4 other units. Today I heard it again while in my room and I know whatever they are, they are running the entire length of the block of 4 townhouses.

I am right in the middle and don't think that they are living in my section of the attic per se. My neighbor next to me also has heard it but doesn't seem that concerned. I have read a lot of nasty things about these raccoons and I want to get rid of them. I am thinking to call a raccoon removal service from Hamilton but do you guys know about the charges for it?

How would you approach asking your neighbors to chip in to fix it? especially if they know you'll do it anyways without them paying? We recently got new neighbors that moved into the corner house and that's where most of the activity is. They don't seem overall friendly.

Any thoughts on this?

Wouldn't your association be responsible for fixing it?
    Jill Gallo /Manager
    The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

You could call your Provincial wildlife department, and they may be able to suggest who to contact. If the townhomes are part of an homeowner's association, they should be responsible. This is something you won't want to ignore, and once removed, where ever they got in needs to be repaired. Payment is a real issue, and I have no ideas although the removal service may be able to provide some material that would convince skeptics of the need to remove them, and the damage that they can do.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JGallo View Post
        Wouldn't your association be responsible for fixing it?
        Yeah! I am also thinking the same but I don't think they will be taking the responsibility. I have to do that myself.

Comment

Originally posted by calicokitty View Post
          You could call your Provincial wildlife department, and they may be able to suggest who to contact. If the townhomes are part of an homeowner's association, they should be responsible. This is something you won't want to ignore, and once removed, where ever they got in needs to be repaired. Payment is a real issue, and I have no ideas although the removal service may be able to provide some material that would convince skeptics of the need to remove them, and the damage that they can do.
          I will get in contact with the wildlife department. But I think my neighbors should also take some responsibility and try to get rid of it.

Comment

Originally posted by JefferyC View Post

I will get in contact with the wildlife department. But I think my neighbors should also take some responsibility and try to get rid of it.
            I agree but thereís not much you can do if they donít care. Are you sure its raccoons and not rats?
            Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

Originally posted by DianeP View Post

I agree but thereís not much you can do if they donít care. Are you sure its raccoons and not rats?
              I am quite sure its raccoons. The whole that they made is of the size of a raccoon and not rats

Comment

Working...
              X