This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to Your First Cat!

Welcome to the First Cat section! Are you new to being owned by a cat? You're in for a lot of fun! This is the place to get all of your questions answered about the new member of your family, so ask away! Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question.

DianeP
    Last edited by barb; 04-19-2005, 12:31 PM.
    Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Originally posted by DianeP
    Welcome to the First Cat section! Are you new to being owned by a cat? You're in for a lot of fun! This is the place to get all of your questions answered about the new member of your family, so ask away! Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question.

DianeP
    There is a shiitzu mix at my feet .. not new, my brothers doggie.

When I am sitting down it has a tendency to lie on my feet. So I move my feet and he slides over to "cover" them again!

And so ..... how is your cat?

Bobby

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby

When I am sitting down it has a tendency to lie on my feet. So I move my feet and he slides over to "cover" them again!

Bobby
      Hmm, the little ****su must think you have cold feet <GGG> Cicero is wonderful, thanks for asking! He's asleep on the back of the sofa right now, enjoying the good life.

DianeP

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby

Bobby
        He doesn't want them to get cold.
        Rita

Comment

Originally posted by Rita
          He doesn't want them to get cold.
          Your cat doesn't want your feet to get cold? I am confused. I asked you how is your furbaby.

Bobby

Comment

The Creation Myth

On the first day of creation, God created the cat. On the second day, God created man to serve the cat. On the third day, God created all the animals of the earth to serve as potential food for the cat. On the fourth day, God created honest toil so that man could labor for the good of the cat. On the fifth day, God created the sparkle ball so that the cat might or might not play with it. On the sixth day, God created
            veterinary science to keep the cat healthy and the man broke. On the seventh day, God tried to rest, but he had to scoop the litter box.
            critters and rosy

Comment

Originally posted by rosy1
              The Creation Myth

On the first day of creation, God created the cat. On the second day, God created man to serve the cat. On the third day, God created all the animals of the earth to serve as potential food for the cat. On the fourth day, God created honest toil so that man could labor for the good of the cat. On the fifth day, God created the sparkle ball so that the cat might or might not play with it. On the sixth day, God created
              veterinary science to keep the cat healthy and the man broke. On the seventh day, God tried to rest, but he had to scoop the litter box.
              LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by rosy1
                The Creation Myth

On the first day of creation, God created the cat. On the seventh day, God tried to rest, but he had to scoop the litter box.
                Thats what you get for making a cat wait 6 days ...

Bobby

Comment

Thanks for the chuckle that is cute!

Comment

Originally posted by DianeP
                    Hmm, the little ****su must think you have cold feet <GGG> Cicero is wonderful, thanks for asking! He's asleep on the back of the sofa right now, enjoying the good life.

DianeP
                    Ah yes .. asleep on the high ground.. or is Cicero really asleep? I bet you that he is just testing his eyelids for holes!!

Bobby

Comment

First Cat = Tabby

My first cat was an orange Tabby named Sam. He was half wild & stayed out all the time. Eventually my parents gave him to some people that had a few acres of land thinking he would be more comfortable but he ran away, or disappeared anyhow. I never could figure out why we had to give him away, but I was real young at the time...by the way, looks like no one has had a "first cat" story since 2005???
                      Take care and God bless, Petman2

Comment

My first cat was a black cat I named Cubby. She was the most loveable, cuddly cat and then in an instant she was mean and biting and scratching. the best was when my now husband would sleep over and she would, in the middle of the night out of nowhere jump onto him and scare him half to death. I was expecting one night to wake to my DH on the ceiling!

Comment

Originally posted by 3catsn1dog View Post
                          My first cat was a black cat I named Cubby. She was the most loveable, cuddly cat and then in an instant she was mean and biting and scratching. the best was when my now husband would sleep over and she would, in the middle of the night out of nowhere jump onto him and scare him half to death. I was expecting one night to wake to my DH on the ceiling!
                          Hi and welcome to the forum. Your Cubby sounds like she was a real character. Do you have any pets now? We'd love to hear about them.
                          Jill Gallo /Manager
                          The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

Thanks for the welcome! I do have pets now! I have a puggle named Pugsley and 3 cats Princess and Dini, who are sisters that we rescued and Savage, our only boy that we rescued as well!

Comment

Originally posted by 3catsn1dog View Post
                              Thanks for the welcome! I do have pets now! I have a puggle named Pugsley and 3 cats Princess and Dini, who are sisters that we rescued and Savage, our only boy that we rescued as well!
                              I'm looking forward to hearing stories about all of them. Right now I only have 1 dog, and she's a senior. After 20 posts you should be able to post some pics of them. I can't wait to *meet* them.
                              Jill Gallo /Manager
                              The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

Working...
                              X