Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a nice fur family you have Sounds like Cubby was jealous of your then boyfriend
    Karen A/Publicist

Comment

My first cat:

It was around 1978. My mother was the first woman to start working at this huge mill called Dow Corning. The guys would tease her of course, and one day in the pit room where they would throw these black steel balls into a furnace, he wondered in. He was a teenager kitten that was mostly black with a tad bit of white here and there. He kept coming in for days and the guys would play around that they were going to throw him into the furnace, so my mom brought him home to me and named him Botball. He became my best friend for years. I swear we could communicate by thought somehow, I'll never forget him.

Comment

Originally posted by techat.strapworks View Post
        My first cat:

It was around 1978. My mother was the first woman to start working at this huge mill called Dow Corning. The guys would tease her of course, and one day in the pit room where they would throw these black steel balls into a furnace, he wondered in. He was a teenager kitten that was mostly black with a tad bit of white here and there. He kept coming in for days and the guys would play around that they were going to throw him into the furnace, so my mom brought him home to me and named him Botball. He became my best friend for years. I swear we could communicate by thought somehow, I'll never forget him.
        Aww, that's a sweet story -- I'm glad your mom rescued him!
        Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

He sounds like he was a real sweetie.
          Jill Gallo /Manager
          The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

That's a great first cat story with an excellent rescue. How about now? Any cats?
            Karen A/Publicist

Comment

Yes, I have one male cat. My uncle took in a stray and he passed away in Jan. of this year, so I have him now. He is black and white also. Before he passed away he had my daughter name him. She named him Icabod, after a real funny commercial with a hamster named that. I am single, so I was happy to have a new companion. Now he runs to my van when I get home to greet me and follows me around like a dog. He doesn't like to be cuddled or held though. We are working on that. He's starting to let me hold him more. He's been through alot, so we are taking it slow.

Comment

I love the name Icabod - and your kitty sounds like he is very happy in his new forever home. When you've got 20 postings, you'll be able to show him to us. He sounds like a tuxedo from your description. If he is starting to let you hold him, just be patient and soon he'll be a real lap kitty
                Karen A/Publicist

Comment

Yeah, I will show him then, I have a great pic of him. He sleeps at the end of my bed and sometimes he rolls over and sleeps on his back with his paws straight up. Its so adorable.

Comment

Oh and thank you!

Comment

Aww, bless you for giving Icabod a home. I'd never want to pass away and leave my pet homeless.
                      Jill Gallo /Manager
                      The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

Working...
                      X