This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bobby View Post
    I remember Bubba, Max, Lullabelle and C.C. ... but someone seems to be missing. Nice to hear that the cats are doing fine ... and I miss our long discussions. So who is who ???
    ^,,^ ?
    ^..^ ?
    ^--^ ?

Bobby
    I lost Boomer, Chipper and Nicky in 2006. Boomer and Chipper to renal failure and Nicky to lung cancer. All three were lost within 6 months of each other which was the hardest part. Chipper and Nicky were lost 2 weeks apart. I still have a huge hole in my heart over the loss.
    Marci DeLisle
    Cats/Rescue, Feral and Stray
    Camp Counselor at Camp Happy Cat
    Owner of NW Critter Sitter - "Paws-itively Purr-fect Pet-sitting"
    Owner of Northwind Reiki ~Animal Reiki for the fur-persons in your life!
    www.nwcrittersitter.com

Comment

Originally posted by MarciD View Post
      I lost Boomer, Chipper and Nicky in 2006. Boomer and Chipper to renal failure and Nicky to lung cancer. All three were lost within 6 months of each other which was the hardest part. Chipper and Nicky were lost 2 weeks apart. I still have a huge hole in my heart over the loss.
      Ah yes ... Boomer and Chipper ... those names sound familiour.
      Even though the place is full of cats their memory will linger on, their loss hard to fill. But then you have to remember that during the time that they had with you ... they lived a good life that would have been cut short so much earlier if they didn't have a Happy Camp to be part of.

May they be waiting for you on the other side of the bridge, playing with others who had even shorter times and telling them what a great "mom" you are.

Bobby

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby View Post
        Ah yes ... Boomer and Chipper ... those names sound familiour.
        Even though the place is full of cats their memory will linger on, their loss hard to fill. But then you have to remember that during the time that they had with you ... they lived a good life that would have been cut short so much earlier if they didn't have a Happy Camp to be part of.

May they be waiting for you on the other side of the bridge, playing with others who had even shorter times and telling them what a great "mom" you are.

Bobby
        LOL ... yup, when I cross over I'll also be known as the crazy old cat lady there too! So many of my kitters will be there waiting for me
        Marci DeLisle
        Cats/Rescue, Feral and Stray
        Camp Counselor at Camp Happy Cat
        Owner of NW Critter Sitter - "Paws-itively Purr-fect Pet-sitting"
        Owner of Northwind Reiki ~Animal Reiki for the fur-persons in your life!
        www.nwcrittersitter.com

Comment

Originally posted by MarciD View Post
          LOL ... yup, when I cross over I'll also be known as the crazy old cat lady there too! So many of my kitters will be there waiting for me
          That's the thing .. if more people were like you .. the Happy Camp would be a lot smaller and a lot of those kittens would have kittens of their own instead of going across the bridge as soon as they have.

Bobby

Comment

So sad that feral cats get such a bad rap. I've met a lot of feral cats in my life, and aside from being a little rougher around the edges, feral cats are every bit as nice as a pure bred. Adopt, don't shop!
            As anyone who has ever been around a cat for any length of time well knows, cats have enormous patience with the limitations of the human kind. - Cleveland Amory

Comment

Sam I like your signature - and I've read Cleveland Amory's trilogy
              Karen A/Publicist

Comment

Thanks! Haven't read the whole trilogy, but I really like his work.
                As anyone who has ever been around a cat for any length of time well knows, cats have enormous patience with the limitations of the human kind. - Cleveland Amory

Comment

Definitely worth reading. Who's your cutie?
                  Karen A/Publicist

Comment

Hello I just finished reading about your feral boy and would like to share my situation...I live with my 12 year old DE-clawed cat Smokey. Smokey and I have been together for five years and she was declawed when i got her. Well old girl is slowing down and has had to make a couple of trips to the ER this year..early Kidney disease and some other health issues that we are trying to take care of...Well my son called me today and said mom there's a cat that really needs your help.Of course I reminded him that Smokey is really set in her ways and a new cat might be a big mistake, especially one with claws. However once he told me that this 6 month old cat was the only surviving member of a litter of 6 ..the others met with tragic ends...struck by cars and frozen to death during the recent storms ...My heart broke and i agreed to try and make this pretty much feral girl a member of our family...she was terrified when she got here and i got her some food water and a makeshift litter box and put it into the downstairs powder room where she retreated to.. left the light on closed the door..She looked to be in pretty good shape ...My son said they had been feeding her and periodically they would let her in to there job site to keep her from freezing...I will be calling a vet tomorrow to try and get a appt to get her vacinated and spayed...I know that the two cats need to be kept seperate for a good while to ...read the articles and i am going to try and make this work ...any ideas suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated will keep you guys posted ...thanks so much

Comment

N
                      Originally posted by smbs1535 View Post
                      Hello I just finished reading about your feral boy and would like to share my situation...I live with my 12 year old DE-clawed cat Smokey. Smokey and I have been together for five years and she was declawed when i got her. Well old girl is slowing down and has had to make a couple of trips to the ER this year..early Kidney disease and some other health issues that we are trying to take care of...Well my son called me today and said mom there's a cat that really needs your help.Of course I reminded him that Smokey is really set in her ways and a new cat might be a big mistake, especially one with claws. However once he told me that this 6 month old cat was the only surviving member of a litter of 6 ..the others met with tragic ends...struck by cars and frozen to death during the recent storms ...My heart broke and i agreed to try and make this pretty much feral girl a member of our family...she was terrified when she got here and i got her some food water and a makeshift litter box and put it into the downstairs powder room where she retreated to.. left the light on closed the door..She looked to be in pretty good shape ...My son said they had been feeding her and periodically they would let her in to there job site to keep her from freezing...I will be calling a vet tomorrow to try and get a appt to get her vacinated and spayed...I know that the two cats need to be kept seperate for a good while to ...read the articles and i am going to try and make this work ...any ideas suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated will keep you guys posted ...thanks so much
                      Bless your heart for taking in his little girl. I hope things work out between her and Smokey. Any possible names yet?
                      Jill Gallo /Manager
                      The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

Originally posted by smbs1535 View Post
                        Hi and welcome to the forum. Bless you for taking this little babe into your home. I hope she works out well. We have a lot of combined experience here, so please, feel free to ask questions, and of course we'll want to hear how this kitty progresses.
                        Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

Please let us know how this is going. You are doing a great and kind thing by taking in this baby
                          Karen A/Publicist

Comment

Working...
                          X