This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Grace,

I see that you quote that one website in most of your posts. I've never heard of it. How are you connected with them, exactly?

Diane

Comment

My cat is and has been on Revolution for some years now and I sure thought it protected against ticks but I learned yesterday from another post that it does not and now seeing Dr. Gus post.

Also, how come it's not good for cats who are not 100% healthy? I wonder why the vet says this and which is best for an "unhealthy" cat?

Comment

Revolution is a chemical that absorbs into the pet's skin, and so unhealthy cats may be affected more than healthy cats -- it would be the same as any other medication. If your kitty is not healthy, then you should check with your vet about treatment for fleas and ticks.
        Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

Originally posted by crystal View Post
          My cat is and has been on Revolution for some years now and I sure thought it protected against ticks but I learned yesterday from another post that it does not and now seeing Dr. Gus post.

Also, how come it's not good for cats who are not 100% healthy? I wonder why the vet says this and which is best for an "unhealthy" cat?
          Revolution is absorbed systemically, "through the blood" so it affects the entire body, which is why it is not recommended for use on cats who have health problems or compromised immune systems. Frontline Plus and Advantage are absorbed at the skin level so are considered a bit safer for cats that may have health problems but still need protection from fleas.

If you have doubts about treating your cat with any of these, do check with the cat's attending vet first.

Gail
          http://www.pawproject.org/

http://catinfo.org/

Comment

An old time flea preventative is brewer's yeast tablets, but that works best if there are only a few fleas, and you still have to rigorously make sure there are no fleas or eggs in the house. Long before the topical applications were easily available, I used those tablets to get rid of the last few fleas my cats had. Apparently, fleas don't like the taste of blood that has brewer's yeast in it. Brewer's yeast is not bakers yeast.
            sigpic

Comment

Thank you Dr. Gus, I have never realized that there are so much information about fleas!

Comment

I think it would be better to take your cat to your vet in order to give the right flea control medication.

Comment

Working...
                X