This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diabetic Cat Care Resources

Found this via a friend who just lost one of her kitties to feline diabetes. It's a great reference forum for people with cats who are diabetic.

http://www.felinediabetes.com/

Yasmine
    Yasmine; Staff: Your First Cat.
    I love the smell of espresso in the morning.
    NYT, USA Today, and Publishers Weekly Bestselling urban fantasy author www.galenorn.com
    I miss all my Rainbow Bridge Gurlz...love to Meerclar, Luna , Keeter , Tara , Circe

I think it is a helpful site. I have referenced it many times in another forum on cats when the person found out their cat was diagnosed with diabetes.
    sigpic

Comment

I had a kitty with diabetes, I had to give her shots 2x a day, She passed away several months later from old age.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffreyNew View Post
        I had a kitty with diabetes, I had to give her shots 2x a day, She passed away several months later from old age.
        I'm sorry, JeffreyNew...it's always hard to lose our furbabies. Have you posted about her in the Grieving Center forum here? We'd like to hear her story.

Yasmine
        Yasmine; Staff: Your First Cat.
        I love the smell of espresso in the morning.
        NYT, USA Today, and Publishers Weekly Bestselling urban fantasy author www.galenorn.com
        I miss all my Rainbow Bridge Gurlz...love to Meerclar, Luna , Keeter , Tara , Circe

Comment

Originally posted by JeffreyNew View Post
          I'm sorry she passed away, but at least you were able to give her a nice life and loving home until she was old.
          Jill Gallo /Manager
          The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

I would like to know her story too.

Comment

How can I guess that my cat had a diabetic problem?

Comment

You shouldn't guess, you should bring your cat to a vet.
                Jill Gallo /Manager
                The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

There are symptoms but they can be symptoms of other issues as well. Increased drinking and peeing would be one. Unexplained weight loss also. But these can also be symptoms of hyperthyroid issues. The best thing is to bring your cat to the vet as Jill says, and get her checked out.
                  Karen A/Publicist

Comment

Thanks for your advice

Comment

Working...
                    X