Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to The Cat's Meow

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Welcome to The Cat's Meow

    >>Welcome to the Cat's Meow. Here, we talk about the cute, funny and interesting things our cats do, our experiences in living with them and raising them, and just about everything else cat-related that doesn't fit into one of the other cats' sections here. <<

    I have been in lurking mode mostly since this forum opened, also came over from Compuserve. I have 3.5 cats. A very very old cat, almost 21 years old, Miss B, a very macho ginger tom called Mickey, an extremely solid citizen who comes when you call, never stays out late at night and will walk everywhere with me and we have a 2 year old flakey girl called Snoot.

    They were all strays looking for a home. Snoot was just about dead at 6 weeks old when I rescued her. Now you probably wonder about the .5 cat. Well, that is Sammy who doesn't belong to me but to my neighbours. They know it, I know it, but Sammy doesn't. He comes for breakfast, lunch and dinner and is completely accepted by my cats. Sammy also tries to bring friends with him, probably telling them that the food is good and the atmosphere friendly.

    Not much to tell about myself, I am Dutch, married to an American, a painter and live in Holland in the area where all the tulip fields are.
    Hansje/Netherlands

  • #2
    Originally posted by Hansje
    >>Welcome to the Cat's Meow. Here, we talk about the cute, funny and interesting things our cats do, our experiences in living with them and raising them, and just about everything else cat-related that doesn't fit into one of the other cats' sections here. <<

    I have been in lurking mode mostly since this forum opened, also came over from Compuserve. I have 3.5 cats. A very very old cat, almost 21 years old, Miss B, a very macho ginger tom called Mickey, an extremely solid citizen who comes when you call, never stays out late at night and will walk everywhere with me and we have a 2 year old flakey girl called Snoot.

    They were all strays looking for a home. Snoot was just about dead at 6 weeks old when I rescued her. Now you probably wonder about the .5 cat. Well, that is Sammy who doesn't belong to me but to my neighbours. They know it, I know it, but Sammy doesn't. He comes for breakfast, lunch and dinner and is completely accepted by my cats. Sammy also tries to bring friends with him, probably telling them that the food is good and the atmosphere friendly.

    Not much to tell about myself, I am Dutch, married to an American, a painter and live in Holland in the area where all the tulip fields are.

    Your cats sound quite wonderful and you are obviously doing something very right to have had Miss B so long. I love your avatar.. post more often so we can see it again!!

    Sammy is no doubt also telling the neighbors that he certainly isn't eating anything anywhere but home!!

    Mickey (is that Mickey in the Avatar?) looks like my Stanley and I'm sure you've found the Red Boy thread elsewhere where we're all talking about our sweet red kitties. And Snoot.. does that mean nose in Dutch as it sort of does (snout) in English?

    I'm sure you posted at some time in the old forum.. your name is so familiar. In fact I'm sure we've chatted about something, our cats no doubt! Welcome -- we're very happy you're here!

    Karen A/Publicist

    Comment


    • #3
      Hi Hansje,
      I'm glad you came out of lurk mode! I remember you and your kitties from "the other place".
      Rita

      Comment


      • #4
        >>Your cats sound quite wonderful and you are obviously doing something very right to have had Miss B so long. I love your avatar.. post more often so we can see it again!!

        Sammy is no doubt also telling the neighbors that he certainly isn't eating anything anywhere but home!!

        Mickey (is that Mickey in the Avatar?) looks like my Stanley and I'm sure you've found the Red Boy thread elsewhere where we're all talking about our sweet red kitties. And Snoot.. does that mean nose in Dutch as it sort of does (snout) in English?

        I'm sure you posted at some time in the old forum.. your name is so familiar. In fact I'm sure we've chatted about something, our cats no doubt! Welcome -- we're very happy you're here!<<

        Yes, we chatted on the old forum. Mickey and the Snoot (yes it means snout in Dutch, because when I found her I only saw her little white nose) are in my atavar. Will visit here more often.
        Hansje/Netherlands

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks for the welcome Rita. What a beautiful cat in your atavar.
          Hansje/Netherlands

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Hansje
            >>Your cats sound quite wonderful and you are obviously doing something very right to have had Miss B so long. I love your avatar.. post more often so we can see it again!!

            Sammy is no doubt also telling the neighbors that he certainly isn't eating anything anywhere but home!!

            Mickey (is that Mickey in the Avatar?) looks like my Stanley and I'm sure you've found the Red Boy thread elsewhere where we're all talking about our sweet red kitties. And Snoot.. does that mean nose in Dutch as it sort of does (snout) in English?

            I'm sure you posted at some time in the old forum.. your name is so familiar. In fact I'm sure we've chatted about something, our cats no doubt! Welcome -- we're very happy you're here!<<

            Yes, we chatted on the old forum. Mickey and the Snoot (yes it means snout in Dutch, because when I found her I only saw her little white nose) are in my atavar. Will visit here more often.

            That's good news
            Karen A/Publicist

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Hansje
              >>Welcome to the Cat's Meow. Here, we talk about the cute, funny and interesting things our cats do, our experiences in living with them and raising them, and just about everything else cat-related that doesn't fit into one of the other cats' sections here. <<

              I have been in lurking mode mostly since this forum opened, also came over from Compuserve. I have 3.5 cats. A very very old cat, almost 21 years old, Miss B, a very macho ginger tom called Mickey, an extremely solid citizen who comes when you call, never stays out late at night and will walk everywhere with me and we have a 2 year old flakey girl called Snoot.

              They were all strays looking for a home. Snoot was just about dead at 6 weeks old when I rescued her. Now you probably wonder about the .5 cat. Well, that is Sammy who doesn't belong to me but to my neighbours. They know it, I know it, but Sammy doesn't. He comes for breakfast, lunch and dinner and is completely accepted by my cats. Sammy also tries to bring friends with him, probably telling them that the food is good and the atmosphere friendly.

              Not much to tell about myself, I am Dutch, married to an American, a painter and live in Holland in the area where all the tulip fields are.
              Hi Hansje, nice to see you here! Your kitty family sounds wonderful, including your .5 kitty! What kind of painting do you do? I paint in watercolors and oils.

              Diane
              Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Hansje
                Thanks for the welcome Rita. What a beautiful cat in your atavar.
                Thank you. That is my Princessa Delsey. My vets' staff called me about her as her owners wished to give her up since their Rottie didn't like her. My dogs like her just fine. They said she is a Ragdoll but didn't give me the papers. But she's spayed and I don't show so that's fine.
                Rita

                Comment


                • #9
                  OK .. I got here, so now what does one do? go around or simply like mad ????

                  Bobby



                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Bobby
                    OK .. I got here, so now what does one do? go around or simply like mad ????

                    Bobby
                    Oh goodie, we have all been so worried about you. Have you figured out how to configure everything so that you can get maximum use out of the software, such as set it up so that you can see the thread tree?

                    The place has not been the same without you.
                    KathyY

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Bobby
                      OK .. I got here, so now what does one do? go around or simply like mad ????

                      Bobby
                      I see you got here, Bobby. I'm so glad to see you again!!

                      Karen A/Publicist

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hello Hansje,
                        welcome to the < where are we now? > place. I don't have any cats but the staff and management here were kind enough to allow me to stay at the compuserve site and now have invited me here.

                        "Not much to tell about myself, I am Dutch" ....
                        I knew someone who had two cats [ she lived in Hoofdorp - spelling? ]. Loved chatting with her, wish she was still around. You, like her, are a cat person, see. You are owned by cats ... we want to know more about your "owners".

                        Bobby



                        Comment


                        • #13
                          [quote]

                          um ... I am not in Texas ... I am in Hawaii using my brothers computer and he don't want me messing with the .. so i will do just what I can do and no more. Not going to be moving to Texas, tht is completely off the table. for everyones kind words and thiings ... so tell me what have I missed??

                          Bobby



                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by KathyY
                            Oh goodie, we have all been so worried about you. Have you figured out how to configure everything so that you can get maximum use out of the software, such as set it up so that you can see the thread tree?

                            The place has not been the same without you.

                            what I postd ... I am using my bro's computer so this place is great!
                            but I slipped up on the quote part and .....

                            Bobby



                            Comment


                            • #15
                              [QUOTE=Bobby]

                              um ... I am not in Texas ... I am in Hawaii using my brothers computer and he don't want me messing with the .. so i will do just what I can do and no more. Not going to be moving to Texas, tht is completely off the table. for everyones kind words and thiings ... so tell me what have I missed??

                              Bobby
                              I know, we heard that you were still in Hawaii and wouldn't be moving but your computer was in Texas. Configuring the forum to do what you want it to do has no effect on the computer you are using. Texas or Hawaii, we are just glad that you are here. You have not missed a lot but we have all been very worried about you and your family. So sorry to hear about the death of your father, I wish I were closer so that I could give you a big hug for your loss.
                              KathyY

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X