This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Note To Friends Old And New

Welcome everyone to the Cat Care section.

As there are many of us moving over here from the Compuserve forums and changing our nicknames it'd be great if we could ID ourselves the first few times we post and who are kitties are!

Also, to all of our new friends, let us know that you're new to the forum so we can give you a hearty welcome.

Diane
    Last edited by DianeP; 04-22-2005, 10:29 PM.
    Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

[As there are many of us moving over here from the Compuserve forums and changing our nicknames it'd be great if we could ID ourselves the first few times we post and who are kitties are!

Hi Diane...

Finally made it after all the registration boo-boos that I made

Had to change to HarveyWilson from the old Harvey W / Ga...but no big deal.

Hope all goes well here...
    Harvey/ Cumming. Ga.

Comment

Welcome, Harvey, I have kept my name for here :-)
      Karen A/Publicist

Comment

harvey - Yep, we had major problems with the software as long as spaces were aloud in usernames. You can be anyone you want - just no spaces.

barb
        Barbara L Downing, Administrator
        thepetsforums.com

Comment

Originally posted by HarveyWilson
          [As there are many of us moving over here from the Compuserve forums and changing our nicknames it'd be great if we could ID ourselves the first few times we post and who are kitties are!

Hi Diane...

Finally made it after all the registration boo-boos that I made

Had to change to HarveyWilson from the old Harvey W / Ga...but no big deal.

Hope all goes well here...
          Great!!! Good to see you here!

Diane

Comment

GailS, formerly Gail Smith, proudly owned by Tollly, Ootay and Mazy.

having some problems with "edit choices". drop down boxes don't drop down and other options that I have made keep reverting to default.

Gail
            http://www.pawproject.org/

http://catinfo.org/

Comment

Well, I joined the CS forum as MikePageKY, but changed that recently to Skippymjp....and when I moved here, just decided to keep the Skippymjp. Anyhoooo, the Jellicle Tribe is:

Turvy Demeter: Senior cat, queen of all she surveys, chief cook and bottle washer. She's a silver tabby, or actually a mutt that looks like one, 12 years old and definitely in charge.

Mischief Mistoffolees: Tall black smak-talking street wise ex-stray thug kitty.

Etcetera D'Calico: Name says it all, loves to talk

Hobo Skimbleshanks: Rode into town in a railroad box car, that luckily ended up at our raildock at work. Orange and white and a barrel of laughs. Ate all the turkey off our production planners sandwich, and has had that appetite ever since.

Blondie Rumpleteaser: Baby of the bunch, she's a shy little buff colored thing. Found by a co-worker friend of mine on his cattle farm, starving and eating cattle sweetfeed. Gave her a can of tuna and some bottled water and called me. She is coming out of her shell still, but has gotten to where she will now sleep on the bed with the rest of us instead of hiding among the stuffed toy animals.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by DianeP

As there are many of us moving over here from the Compuserve forums and changing our nicknames it'd be great if we could ID ourselves the first few times we post and who are kitties are!

Also, to all of our new friends, let us know that you're new to the forum so we can give you a hearty welcome.

Diane
                I've kept my name during the move, although I've been too busy (or lazy) to create a new avatar and have just used one of the stock ones that reflects one of my other hobbies. My critters remain:

Twinkletoes (AKA Twink) -- at 16, he's the patriarch of the clowder. Not very active any more, but plays the role of resident curmudgeon and keeps the kittens in line.

Tatiahna -- 7 years old; she's my daughter's tortie who came to live here when her mom moved into a no-pets apartment.

Benny and Nicky are the Gold Dust Twins here; Tweedledum and Tweedledee, always into something or chasing each other through the house. They're about five months old now. Benny has a long Oriental-type body with lynx-point markings, while Nicky looks very much like a Tonkinese or Burmese mink coated critter. Both have lovely pastel green eyes.
                Eliyahu Rooff

Comment

>> Ate all the turkey off our production planners sandwich, and has had that appetite ever since. <<

Now that reminds me of Stella who, at two months and brand new to my house came to Thanksgiving dinner (at my house). She ambled confidently around, making friends and when my friend Carol went out to smoke (no smoking in my house), Stella ate Carol's entire full plate of turkey dinner, stuffing and all. Carol was highly indignant and we had to give her a new plate of dinner. Stella took a nap until the guests were leaving at which point she startec scouting around for leftovers!!

She's remained like that, a little girl with a big appetite and she loves everything I eat down to lime flavored yogurt!!
                  Karen A/Publicist

Comment

Originally posted by GailS

having some problems with "edit choices". drop down boxes don't drop down and other options that I have made keep reverting to default.

Gail
                    Gail,
                    If you don't get it resolved before next Sat., we can discuss it while we are having lunch. With all we will have to chat about it's going to be a long lunch.
                    Rita
                    Rita

Comment

Bonnie here, from the Toby days last month. Now it's Fred & Cherry time, along with Alex & Amber.
                      宝妮
                      Bonnie in central WI

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GailS

Gail
                        Hi Gail -- glad you're here!!! These bugs will all be worked out. This forum is a work in progress as Barb and Carvi had so little time to get it up and running! What's happening with the edit choices?

Diane

Comment

Hi Mike -- glad you and the Jellicle Tribe are here!!! I'm making notes so I can keep everyone straight

Diane

Comment

Originally posted by bjbouwer
                            Bonnie here, from the Toby days last month. Now it's Fred & Cherry time, along with Alex & Amber.
                            How could I not remember little Toby and now Fred and Cherry

Diane

Comment

Originally posted by DianeP

Diane
                              Franzr00 is now calicokitty. My current family consists of Suzi and Angel and Katie (Image13a), and my deparated ones are Kalki (image48), Smokey (image 12c) and a cared for but forever feral, C'mon (img05copy). All three of my current family are in one shot, (K,A,&S).
                              Last edited by calicokitty; 10-03-2007, 08:56 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X