This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to The Cat's Meow - Part 2

Welcome to the Cat's Meow. Here, we talk about the cute, funny and interesting things our cats do, our experiences in living with them and raising them, and just about everything else cat-related that doesn't fit into one of the other cats' sections here.
    Rita

I currently have six cats, and i love each of them Greatly. It all started when i found a stray female cat by my house. My mother decided we could keep her. Since we already had one cat.......a neutered male, i thought 2 cats would be perfect. About 2 weeks later the stray (which i named Sadie) started getting fat. I thought she was just gaining weight since she was malnourished when i found her. But a couple days later......there were 4 new additions! Since i'm such a big Cat fan, i didnt mind this. I kept all six of my cats and i'm living happily. In my large cat family i have: Shirkan(white american shorthair), Sadie (tabby), Sammy, Cassie, Milo (all tabbies), and Bijou (black tabby). Each one of my cats is special to me and i wouldnt trade any of them for the world. The 4 kittens are now 2 years old and i cant believe how much they change each year. Seems like jsut yesterday they were so small they could all fit in my hands. Man does time fly fast.
    Last edited by kittykat028; 10-16-2005, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kittykat028
      I currently have six cats, and i love each of them Greatly. It all started when i found a stray female cat by my house. My mother decided we could keep her. Since we already had one cat.......a neutered male, i thought 2 cats would be perfect. About 2 weeks later the stray (which i named Sadie) started getting fat. I thought she was just gaining weight since she was malnourished when i found her. But a couple days later......there were 4 new additions! Since i'm such a big Cat fan, i didnt mind this. I kept all six of my cats and i'm living happily. In my large cat family i have: Shirkan(white american shorthair), Sadie (tabby), Sammy, Cassie, Milo (all tabbies), and Bijou (black tabby). Each one of my cats is special to me and i wouldnt trade any of them for the world. The 4 kittens are now 2 years old and i cant believe how much they change each year. Seems like jsut yesterday they were so small they could all fit in my hands. Man does time fly fast.

I have 12 cats. I have four female which have been spayed and live in the house. The males haven't been neutered. Being disabled I just don't have the money. The Humane Society helped be with the females. I had six but my neighbors dog killed two. They are gone now. I had to threatened a lawsuit to have him get rid of his four dogs. In all, they killed nine cats.
      As I Am

Comment

Wow! 12 cats is awesome, but my dad wouldnt let me have that many, he even wants to get rid of some of the ones we have now. I'm sorry about the neighbors dogs. If that ever happened to me, especially nine times i would file a lawsuit too. Best of luck on that, and peace to you and your cats. ^_^

Comment

Wow! 12 cats is awesome, but my dad wouldnt let me have that many, he even wants to get rid of some of the ones we have now. I'm sorry about the neighbors dogs. If that ever happened to me, especially nine times i would file a lawsuit too. Best of luck on that, and peace to you and your cats. ^_^
          I did have 29 cats at one time. I live way out in the country and it's a great place for idiots to set out their unwanted cats. I had three pregnant cats of my own. They were Calico so I had most of the kittens homes even before they were born. I woke up one morning to find three strange very pregnant, half starved cats on my porch. They came right up to me which told me that they were all set out by the same person. So, I had six pregnant cats give birth within about 36 hours of each other! Yep. I found homes for all the kittens but four. I kept them. Now I have 12. Four inside cats. Started out with only one inside cat and in less than a month had four. Long story.
          As I Am

Comment

Yeah i would have only had a couple cats but the cat was a stray and she was pregnant. But i definately dont mind 6 cats. I live out in the country too so i could have more cats, and there are alot of strays running around. Too bad i cant save all of them.

Comment

Yeah i would have only had a couple cats but the cat was a stray and she was pregnant. But i definately dont mind 6 cats. I live out in the country too so i could have more cats, and there are alot of strays running around. Too bad i cant save all of them.
              If they aren't too wild and are pretty easy to catch, I would spread the news. Maybe you will get lucky and someone will take one. Or you could call the Humane Society and if they are tame enough, they might take one or two. Also call all the vets and hospitals. Some take in pets to give away. If they aren't tame, I wouldn't worry too much. You live in the country. That is good. If there are woods, there is probably creeks for water and plenty of food. Cats can survive in the wild easier than dogs.
              As I Am

Comment

Originally posted by Randomacts
                I did have 29 cats at one time. I live way out in the country and it's a great place for idiots to set out their unwanted cats. I had three pregnant cats of my own. They were Calico so I had most of the kittens homes even before they were born. I woke up one morning to find three strange very pregnant, half starved cats on my porch. They came right up to me which told me that they were all set out by the same person. So, I had six pregnant cats give birth within about 36 hours of each other! Yep. I found homes for all the kittens but four. I kept them. Now I have 12. Four inside cats. Started out with only one inside cat and in less than a month had four. Long story.
                Awwwww I want to hear the long story about how you went from 36 cats to 12 ....

=^,,^= sniff ....

=^,,^= sniff ....

=^..^= "Stop sniffin!"

Bobby

Comment

Originally posted by Rita
                  Welcome to the Cat's Meow. Here, we talk about the cute, funny and interesting things our cats do, our experiences in living with them and raising them, and just about everything else cat-related that doesn't fit into one of the other cats' sections here.
                  I got an e-mail from another group about someones cat ... I had to post it!

We used to have a calico cat with seven toed front feet. When we were deciding to move from Nebraska, we took her for a ride in my pickup so she could get used to travelling. I was passing an 18 wheeler on I-80 and this cat goes crazy! The trailer of the 18 wheeler was painted bright
                  orange!
                  That cat about had a fit - - was very intimidated by something soooo big and sooo orange! She was growling and spitting - - something amazing to watch!
                  That cat loved to play with snakes. With those big paws, garter snakes never stood a chance.

=========

Any one else with some stories about your cat going ballistic over something he or she saw?

Bobby

Comment

hey whats up

i have a cat and i love him to death! He is sooo funny and cute. I know he loves me back and sometimes when he purrs and crys at the same time he sounds like he's barking. if you'd like to c or know what he looks like he's my avater.
                    hey whats up, want to be friends?kool, lets talk about our pets! rock on

Comment

Originally posted by lehah
                      i have a cat and i love him to death! He is sooo funny and cute. I know he loves me back and sometimes when he purrs and crys at the same time he sounds like he's barking. if you'd like to c or know what he looks like he's my avater.
                      He's very cute -- how old is he?
                      Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

Cute little kitty. I am sure he loves you back ...
                        Welcome to the forum .. the people here are quite helpful with almost all kinds of issues.
                        A few don't want to hear my weather reports. The temps where I am located ( Hawaii ) range from 60F to 90F .... booo hisss!
                        The lil guy in the picture is Ta'ke, a three year old Pomeranian mix. I don't have a picture of Hershey yet as she is a stray cat that hangs around my place.

Bobby

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby
                          Cute little kitty. I am sure he loves you back ...
                          Welcome to the forum .. the people here are quite helpful with almost all kinds of issues.
                          A few don't want to hear my weather reports. The temps where I am located ( Hawaii ) range from 60F to 90F .... booo hisss!
                          The lil guy in the picture is Ta'ke, a three year old Pomeranian mix. I don't have a picture of Hershey yet as she is a stray cat that hangs around my place.

Bobby
                          Hi Bobby -- I'd sure like you to send us some of your weather today!!! It's all the way into the 40s this afternoon and windy - BRRRRR. Are you going to adopt Hershey? After all, you've given him/her a name!

Comment

he's 2 years old, your cat is cute to what breed is it?
                            hey whats up, want to be friends?kool, lets talk about our pets! rock on

Comment

he's 2 years old, your cat is cute to what breed is it?
                              Cicero is a Burmese kitty -- he's 8 years old.

Comment

Working...
                              X