Need some advice please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advice please!

Hello everyone! Just recently found this site and i was hoping someone could help me understand what my cat is up too.

a little background:

So she was sick a little while ago, right after we found out we had fleas, (we have since taken care of the flea issue with a vet) but we had taken her in and got a bunch of tests done because she wasn't eating, drinking or pooping. The tests all came back very good so no one knows exactly what was wrong with her but they gave us some meds to make her tummy feel better thinking that was the issue. (She must have eaten something she shouldn't have, which shes never really done before)

Fast forward about a month later (this last week) she threw up some green plastic stuff. It almost looks like easter basket stuffing, which i have no idea where she got that from. But it was about the size of a toonie and she had thre up two bunchs of it. So i put her in lock down so i could monitor her and try to figure out what shes getting into. Shes been in lock down for 3 days when i decided she was good to go. She was eating normally as well as pooping and drinking.

I let her out for 20 mins and i ended up steping in some clear liquid which turned out to be cat puke, found some more in the bedroom that night as well. So i locked her up again. But shes still 100% normal and driving me nuts because she wants out. But the entire time shes been locked up in the room she hasn't puked once.

So is she just still getting into something? Or is there something else wrong? Before when she was badly sick she did puke up a yellow fluid and the vet did tests on her pancreas as well as blood tests on a few other things.

I've already spent 800$ at the vet trying to figure out wjat was wrong with her the first time to find nothing and have her get better on her own. I really can't afford another vet bill so soon either. I'm just hoping someone on here has had the same experience.

My cat is 4 years old, I've never had any health problems with her till now, she is a little overweight and she is unfixed but strictly an inside cat, and she has never had kittens (we do plan to get her fixed this summer)

Right now I'm re cleaning the entire house and going through everything she could get into and trying to make sure she can't get to it anymore. Any and all feed back would be nice Thank you.

So sorry youíre going through this with your kitty. With the vet ruling out the usual things, Iím wondering if youíve considered her food? Are you feeding anything new? Has her regular food changed formulas? Does her food have grains? If her food has grains, the first thing Iíd do is get her on an all grain-free diet. Cleaning the house thoroughly is a good step as well. Next time you let her out, watch her like a hawk...what about house plants? Get rid of them if you have them. Is there something in the yard youíre tracking into the house? Is she a counter surfer? Is she getting into cosmetics? You really have to be a detective! One thing you might do is let her out into a small area of the house, then if all is well, increase her territory. Then if she starts having issues again, maybe you can pinpoint the locaton and cause. Good luck, keep is posted,
    Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

Another thought...I had a dog get very sick one time from chewing a toy that had been sprayed accidentally with bug poison. The cumulative effects of chewing it made her very sick. Check all her toys, maybe get new ones.

Comment

I'd really try to figure out that green plastic stuff - it had to be in your house if she's completely an indoors kitty. She sounds really sweet - my vet says all indoors cats are a little overweight and not to worry about it. I'm really careful about anything they might try to eat - rubber bands are really dangerous for instance. Do you have any artificial plants?

I haven't got much to offer other than support - maybe someone else will chime in. Please keep us in the loop about your cat (what's her name?) - we really do care.
        Karen A/Publicist

Comment

Originally posted by DianeP View Post
          So sorry youíre going through this with your kitty. With the vet ruling out the usual things, Iím wondering if youíve considered her food? Are you feeding anything new? Has her regular food changed formulas? Does her food have grains? If her food has grains, the first thing Iíd do is get her on an all grain-free diet. Cleaning the house thoroughly is a good step as well. Next time you let her out, watch her like a hawk...what about house plants? Get rid of them if you have them. Is there something in the yard youíre tracking into the house? Is she a counter surfer? Is she getting into cosmetics? You really have to be a detective! One thing you might do is let her out into a small area of the house, then if all is well, increase her territory. Then if she starts having issues again, maybe you can pinpoint the locaton and cause. Good luck, keep is posted,
          It could be her food, i know that she has been having a skin reaction to her food so I've been trying to find one that works but with her being sick and all i stopped trying to switch her over.

I don't have any plants (they always die)

Right now the yard is covered in snow but i know we were tracking in fleas (next door they let there dog run wild and he has fleas its been a big battle with them honestly)

She normally stays off the counters in the kitchen sometimes she goes on the dinning room table but i keep it pretty cleaned off.

As fair as cosmetics go, I'm pretty sure she hasn't gotten into those, but can't be 100% sure. But after cleaning the house they are all put back normally now. So she shouldn't be able to get to them.

I did let her out today as i was cleaning since she was driving me nuts moewing and scratching at the door and she hasn't thrown up yet.

But she is going into heat, could she just be getting sick around those times? Is that common in older cats?

Comment

Until you figure this out, I would suggest keeping her as an indoors cat. Much safer for her as there are tempting but deadly things outside like antifreeze (sweet tasting but deadly).
            Karen A/Publicist

Comment

Originally posted by Dinozombie View Post

It could be her food, i know that she has been having a skin reaction to her food so I've been trying to find one that works but with her being sick and all i stopped trying to switch her over.

I don't have any plants (they always die)

Right now the yard is covered in snow but i know we were tracking in fleas (next door they let there dog run wild and he has fleas its been a big battle with them honestly)

She normally stays off the counters in the kitchen sometimes she goes on the dinning room table but i keep it pretty cleaned off.

As fair as cosmetics go, I'm pretty sure she hasn't gotten into those, but can't be 100% sure. But after cleaning the house they are all put back normally now. So she shouldn't be able to get to them.

I did let her out today as i was cleaning since she was driving me nuts moewing and scratching at the door and she hasn't thrown up yet.

But she is going into heat, could she just be getting sick around those times? Is that common in older cats?
              I agree with Karen that she should be kept indoors. She should also be spayed...how old is she? Is there a chance sehís pregnant?

Comment

Working...
              X