Nala did fine with her surgery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nala did fine with her surgery

I will be picking her up tonight. She underwent dental surgery, and it was more extensive then the vet first expected. But then he said, once he got into the teeth, he could better see if there were other problems. 75% of all cats over 5 years of age suffer feline oral resorptive lesions, and that is what she has. I am sure it will make her feel a lot better, and make it much easier to eat, although she seems to do that all right. But then cats are stoic. It is always a worry until you get that call from the vet that she did well, and is all right. I know my bank account is going to suffer, but I am glad I am in a position to help her.

This link describes the issue: http://www.peteducation.com/article....1+2121&aid=380
    sigpic

She is lucky she ended up with you. She will feel a lot better when her mouth heals.

Comment

She had some dental work done before, but shelters really cannot do everything. My vet did an extensive job and follows up with sealants and other protective procedures for the future.
      sigpic

Comment

Aww, Im sure shell be feeling better soon.
        Jill Gallo /Manager
        The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

Im glad shes doing well! Cicero has had dental issues most of his life, but in later years seemed to have grown out of them. Hes managed 19+ years, but I do wonder if his kidney issues have to do with his teeth.
          Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

Right now, I almost have a kitten on my hands. Her teeth must have been really hurting her.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by calicokitty View Post
              Right now, I almost have a kitten on my hands. Her teeth must have been really hurting her.
              Ahhhh........

Comment

My cat Irving <rb> had most of his teeth removed by the time he was seven. He was much happier and never missed them. I think the dental problems realy hurt.
                The Bee and me, Maggie Forever! (January 1988- June 19, 2010), Irving Always! (March 1987 - October 25, 1999) Vancouver, BC, Theo my big beautiful boy. July 27, 2010-April 3, 2017

Comment

Working...
                X