Update on Sass

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on Sass

Sass had to go back into the vet clinic this morning because she hasn't pooped since last weekend (Sunday). My vet found that she wasn't full of poop which means she must not be eating enough to make lots of poop. She will be going back on Wed for an ultrasound. I had talked to her previous owner last night and she told me that one of her other cats was scheduled for an ultrasound on Wed and to ask my vet if we could do Sass at the same time. So it's a go! We want to make sure there's nothing major going on. I brought home some gabapentin in tablet form to give it a try. I gave it to her this morning and again tonight and she didn't fight me over being pilled. She spent almost all day on the couch with me and even had a couple of nose to nose encounters with the other kitties with no hissy fits. Wish us luck that her willingness to allow me to pill her continues. She deserves to have her twilight years ones in comfort.
    Marci DeLisle
    Cats/Rescue, Feral and Stray
    Camp Counselor at Camp Happy Cat
    Owner of NW Critter Sitter - "Paws-itively Purr-fect Pet-sitting"
    Owner of Northwind Reiki ~Animal Reiki for the fur-persons in your life!
    www.nwcrittersitter.com

Nala is on gabapentin, and it is delivered in a water solution that I dribble over wet food, and she seems not to mind it at all. She gets 0.3 mL of a solution that is the concentration of 50 mg/mL so that is about 15 mg.

And yes, I am sending my best wishes.
    sigpic

Comment

Seems if she’s eating anything at all she’d eventually make poop. Any chance she’s going somewhere you haven’t found yet?
      Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

Fingers crossed that this turns out ok for Sass.
        The Bee and me, Maggie Forever! (January 1988- June 19, 2010), Irving Always! (March 1987 - October 25, 1999) Vancouver, BC, Theo my big beautiful boy. July 27, 2010-April 3, 2017

Comment

Hopefully nothing will be found on the ultrasound. Good luck with Sass.
          Jill Gallo /Manager
          The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

Originally posted by calicokitty View Post
            Nala is on gabapentin, and it is delivered in a water solution that I dribble over wet food, and she seems not to mind it at all. She gets 0.3 mL of a solution that is the concentration of 50 mg/mL so that is about 15 mg.

And yes, I am sending my best wishes.
            I wish I could mix it in with Sass' food but she never eats all of her food so would never know how much (if any) she would get. Thankfully she's tolerating me giving the pills (which given the previous owner's statement to the contrary).
            Marci DeLisle
            www.nwcrittersitter.com

Comment

Originally posted by DianeP View Post
              Seems if she’s eating anything at all she’d eventually make poop. Any chance she’s going somewhere you haven’t found yet?
              I've searched everywhere and no poop in any of the possible places. But given that she's not acting like she has an issue the vet said not to be panicked about it. Hopefully the ultrasound will give us some answers.
              Marci DeLisle
              www.nwcrittersitter.com

Comment

Working...
              X