Now this is a cat lover....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now this is a cat lover....

Not quite four months ago, Betsy Boyd spent 41 percent of her annual salary on a kidney transplant for her ailing 17-year-old cat, Stanley.

https://whyy.org/articles/baltimore-...ansplant-penn/
    sigpic

Wow...I maybe could see it for a younger cat, but 17?
    Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

If I could have done that for Theo <rb> I would have but he was a lot younger.
      The Bee and me, Maggie Forever! (January 1988- June 19, 2010), Irving Always! (March 1987 - October 25, 1999) Vancouver, BC, Theo my big beautiful boy. July 27, 2010-April 3, 2017

Comment

If he was anything like my soul cat Stanley <rb> it was worth it.
        Karen A/Publicist

Comment

I knew U of Penn did kidney transplants. Like everyone else, I'm surprised it was done at his age, but what the heck! You learn by doing. It's their money and their choice what do to with it. I hope Stanley has a few more good years in him. The policy used to be that you had to adopt the donor cat, so I hope that cat got a home as well.
          Jill Gallo /Manager
          The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

The policy is you come in with one cat, and leave with two. She said she hopes he lives to 25, and since it is close to the six month point, that is a very good sign. (If the cat makes it to six months post operation, that is considered a very good prognosis for the future.) I really don't know what I would do if faced with that, at least with my current cats. I haven't have them that long but then again Nala has been quite expensive, and I don't regret that.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by calicokitty View Post
              The policy is you come in with one cat, and leave with two. She said she hopes he lives to 25, and since it is close to the six month point, that is a very good sign. (If the cat makes it to six months post operation, that is considered a very good prognosis for the future.) I really don't know what I would do if faced with that, at least with my current cats. I haven't have them that long but then again Nala has been quite expensive, and I don't regret that.
              Cicero is 19 and has had kidney failure for about three years. At this point I would not consider a kidney transplant for him. I doubt hed survive the surgery. Hes had a wonderfully long, happy life, and Im very grateful for that, but the time comes when you have to realize youre going to have to let go eventually.
              Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

Here are pictures and more details: http://cheezburger.com/5023237/woman...7-year-old-cat
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X