It's working

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's working

I was worried about Misty, my 12 year old, who seems so thin. And she will only eat dry kibble. While I provide a high quality kibble, but if she doesn't eat enough, that doesn't matter. So I got some Meow Mix. It is not what I would normally provide, but I hoped she would eat more. In the short time I have had her, she has had two bouts of problems, and has consistently lost weight. Her first when she had a cold, and wouldn't eat for quite a few days, and then her UTI, which hopefully is over. She is still being treated for that.

I have to feed her the Meow Mix separately, and monitor, or others will rush in to eat it. But since I have been offering it to her, she has gained a few ounces, so that makes me very happy. She has gained back a lot of the weight she has lost. When I first got her, she weighed 9.7 lbs, and then dropped to 9.1 lbs which is why I got concerned. Right now, she is at 9.4 lbs. So she is going in the right direction.
    sigpic

Yay. Tell Misty that food is good!
    Jill Gallo /Manager
    The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

That’s good news!
      Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

Can you buy Temptations where you are? They are a cat treat that can also be used as regular food. Abby’s vet recommends them when a weight gain is needed or a cat is just not eating enough. Abby does not have a problem but she loves chicken or dairy temptations.
        The Bee and me, Maggie Forever! (January 1988- June 19, 2010), Irving Always! (March 1987 - October 25, 1999) Vancouver, BC, Theo my big beautiful boy. July 27, 2010-April 3, 2017

Comment

I am sure Temptations is around. I consider the Meow Mix as temporary, to get a pound or more on Missy. Then see if she holds it without it. She may have her own ideas about that, though! I have to watch her like a hawk when I provide it for her, as my other cats cannot wait to get at it if unattended.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MW&MW View Post
            Can you buy Temptations where you are? They are a cat treat that can also be used as regular food. Abby’s vet recommends them when a weight gain is needed or a cat is just not eating enough. Abby does not have a problem but she loves chicken or dairy temptations.
            Which ones do you get? Amazon has a variety of flavors including chicken which comes in a 30 ounce tub for about $15 US
            Stella has early kidney disease and hates the kidney food (she liked it at first but now shuns it). She loves Kitty Crack but this sounds better for her. It's hard to keep weight on her and I've taken to putting extra food for her on the table where Gigi can't climb)
            Karen A/Publicist

Comment

Originally posted by KarenA View Post

Which ones do you get? Amazon has a variety of flavors including chicken which comes in a 30 ounce tub for about $15 US
              Stella has early kidney disease and hates the kidney food (she liked it at first but now shuns it). She loves Kitty Crack but this sounds better for her. It's hard to keep weight on her and I've taken to putting extra food for her on the table where Gigi can't climb)
              Abby’s favourites are chicken and the dairy ones. I bought a tub of the chicken treats once and now i buy thebags of dairy and mix it with the chicken in the tub. She may skip a meal occasionally but she always comes to get me at treat time, 10:00 pm every evening.
              The Bee and me, Maggie Forever! (January 1988- June 19, 2010), Irving Always! (March 1987 - October 25, 1999) Vancouver, BC, Theo my big beautiful boy. July 27, 2010-April 3, 2017

Comment

Working...
              X