Abby has a cold

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abby has a cold

in the last couple of days Abby has started sneezing. They come in bunches of 3 or 4 many times a day. As this is brand new, I think she must have caught a cold. She does not appear to be too ill. Just sneezes a lot. She is still eating but less than usual. i canít imagine where she would have picked this up. Do hou think I should be doing something about this? i canít imagine what but....
    The Bee and me, Maggie Forever! (January 1988- June 19, 2010), Irving Always! (March 1987 - October 25, 1999) Vancouver, BC, Theo my big beautiful boy. July 27, 2010-April 3, 2017

As long as she is eating, I would not worry too much about a little cold. If she seems to be getting worse, wheezing and so on, then check with her vet. In fact a quick phone call should alleviate your concerns.
    Karen A/Publicist

Comment

I would definitelyhavethe vet check her out...she may have something stuck up in her nose.
      Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

If the litter box is OK, but she still wheezes, I would give your vet a call to see what he/she suggests. If there becomes a litter box change, and she is still wheezing, then make an appointment. You definitely do not want to go through what I went with Misty when she had her cold.
        sigpic

Comment

for assurance I would suggest giving your vet a phone call.

Comment

She was sneezing like crazy last night again but this evening when I got home from work it was like she had never had a problem. No sneezing and she almost inhaled her dinner. I had decided to give the vet a call in the monrning but as of now she is snoozing contentedly on my lap and no sneezing. Either a 48 hour cold or she just got something up her nose I guess.
            The Bee and me, Maggie Forever! (January 1988- June 19, 2010), Irving Always! (March 1987 - October 25, 1999) Vancouver, BC, Theo my big beautiful boy. July 27, 2010-April 3, 2017

Comment

P.s thanks all for the suggestions. I am a nervous parent but am glad to put off the vet appointment for now. She is always so traumatized when taken to the vet.......so am I........so is the vet.

Comment

Originally posted by MW&MW View Post
                P.s thanks all for the suggestions. I am a nervous parent but am glad to put off the vet appointment for now. She is always so traumatized when taken to the vet.......so am I........so is the vet.
                Maybe she was reading the threads and decided to stop wheezing rather then be taken to the vet. Anyway, that is great news.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm certainly glad to read this. Sounds like she sneezed out whatever was bothering her.
                  Karen A/Publicist

Comment

Sounds like she might have sneezed out whatever was bothering her. Keep a close eye, though.

Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

Originally posted by DianeP View Post

Sounds like she might have sneezed out whatever was bothering her. Keep a close eye, though.
                      She seems tobe back to normal now thank goodness. Not so much as a sniffle.

Comment

She seems to be back to normal now thank goodness. Not so much as a sniffle.
                        Now you can rest better, and enjoy a happy year end season with a healthy Abby.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by calicokitty View Post

Now you can rest better, and enjoy a happy year end season with a healthy Abby.
                          Thatís the plan.

Comment

Working...
                          X