Please help!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help!!

My cat was sick tonight and in the last pool of sick it was bright red which I'm guessig is blood. She seems totally normal and is eating and so on. Think she needs the vets? Could it just be that the act of being sick is what has caused the blood? The fact that there was no blood in the rest of the sick is a good sign right?

thanks for any help

We’re not vets here and can’t advise you on something like this...the best thing to do would be to get her to a vet ASAP. Blood in vomit can be caused by a lot of different things including a foreign body in her throat. If it were my cat' I wouldn’t waste any time in having her seen.
    Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

Cats are champions at hiding problems, although hiding blood in an upchuck isn't something I would suspect. As DianeP noted, we are not vets here. But we have lots of experiences, but this is a new one for me. A small amount of blood one time in the feces can be a sign of stress, and if not repeated is not a real problem other then to mention it during a regular vet check up. She may have had a foreign object, and upchucked it so that ends it. But I would take her to the vet on Monday to not only find out for sure, but to give you peace of mind. Unless of course, there is another bloody vomit. Then she would need to be seen quickly.
      sigpic

Comment

Off to the vet!
        The Bee and me, Maggie Forever! (January 1988- June 19, 2010), Irving Always! (March 1987 - October 25, 1999) Vancouver, BC, Theo my big beautiful boy. July 27, 2010-April 3, 2017

Comment

Working...
        X