Do I hear war drums?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I hear war drums?

A very interesting scene when I went upstairs. Misty was patiently looking at the hammock where Chase was snoozing, and Chase didn't have any idea she was being watched. Misty does not care for Chase, but then Chase growls when Misty gets close, so that may egg her on. Misty wants to be alpha, and while Elsa disagrees, it is more fleeting and doesn't get a response. By the time I got my camera, Chase became aware she was being watched. Misty and Chase have gotten into some serious set-tos. Chase is heavier than Misty, but Misty is fluffy. In the picture, Misty looks very large. Misty is barely over 9 pounds. When this was over, Misty went over to say hello to Nala (second photo). Nala also outweighs Misty.

in edit: later this evening, while Misty was on my lap, she saw Chase, and went after her. Fur flew, Chase peed, and I had to loudly intervene to break it up. Chase had chunks of Misty's fur in her paws. Then Nala came up to me and attacked me with her claws out, drawing blood. It was over fairly quickly, but it is getting to be disturbing, and I am at a loss to know why. Chase & Misty-2s.jpgNala & Misty-4s.jpg

Last edited by calicokitty; 02-10-2019, 10:58 PM.
    sigpic

Gosh, and they look so peaceful there.
    Jill Gallo /Manager
    The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

Originally posted by JGallo View Post
      Gosh, and they look so peaceful there.
      Chase has perfected the look of being totally innocent, and wanting comfort. And of course it works. While Misty goes about being a sweetheart and at times wanting to cuddle with me, purring away. She likes to cuddle when I am trying to get other things done. Laying over the crossword puzzle is a favorite things of hers. Misty will instigate things, while giving the look of total innocence. Most of this is very recent, and Chase and Misty have had recent vet check ups and everything was fine.
      sigpic

Comment

It looks like a serious hierarchy battle going on...I hope they settle it soon for your sake. Have you checked out Amy Shojai’s books? She has one called ”Competability, Multi Cat”. I don’t know if it has any insights on these issues, but you might give it s try.
        Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

Working...
        X