Hurricane Earl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricane Earl

Just in case...I know a lot of people are on vacation, planning to hit the beach and so forth--well, if you are, please check weather.gov (click on your area or the area you're interested in.) While Earl is forecast to pas by a hundred miles or so off the coast, and while the wind field is tightly wrapped, some of the models have drifted west over the last few hours and that could bring wind and some rain to the coast. Certainly there will be rip currents and rough waves on most Atlantic beaches.

I won't go into worst-case scenarios, because they have a very small chance of happening, but check the Net, TV or radio every few hours and listen to any official warnings in your area. Here, I'll even gve you hype-free links to click:
    National Weather Service
    Weather Underground Tropical PageHPC Rain and Snow Forecasts

My brother lives on what they call the lower outer banks and they are carefully watching the storm.

Comment

I've been watching the reports--for some reasons hurricanes absorb my attention easily even though I'm across the country. I had a horrendous feeling with Katrina as she ploughed into the gulf...Earl...makes me uneasy.

Yazza
      Yasmine; Staff: Your First Cat.
      I love the smell of espresso in the morning.
      NYT, USA Today, and Publishers Weekly Bestselling urban fantasy author www.galenorn.com
      I miss all my Rainbow Bridge Gurlz...love to Meerclar, Luna , Keeter , Tara , Circe

Comment

My brother just called and said they now have hurricane warnings.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain-mama View Post
          I hope he stays safe. Let us know how he fares.
          Karen A/Publicist

Comment

We will get a break in our latest heat wave (expected 97 today), but no wind or rain out of it, and it is starting to get quite dry again.
            sigpic

Comment

It's been cooler here - low nineties. Of course, this figures to be only temporary.
              Karen A/Publicist

Comment

Hope he stays safe, Janice, and anyone else who is near, or has relatives near the hurricane's path!
                Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

There are five more waves either just off Africa or crossing, so it's going to be a busy couple weeks. That doesn't mean they'll all develop, but it DOES mean we need to watch!

Comment

My brother invited me to a Hurricane party - I declined.

Comment

Originally posted by mountain-mama View Post
                      my brother invited me to a hurricane party - i declined.
                      lol
                      Karen A/Publicist

Comment

Smart move.
                        Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

Hopefully this will bypass your brother. You have too many other things to worry about right now.
                          Jill Gallo /Manager
                          The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

It looks like they are only going to get tropical storm force winds, so they are staying put and not hitting the road.

Comment

Working...
                            X