Anybody here in Katrina's path?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bobby View Post
    And what does she mean by that ... we are coming out of the woodwork?
    I had the hardest time trying to figure out how to make my kitties pictures just the right size ... don't want anyone else to go through the same thing.

Bobby
    We haven't seen either you or Marfy in ages -- it's just an expression -- it's so nice to see you guys back here!
    Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby View Post
      I am glad that it worked out for you ... it seems that it works just fine. lovely looking bunch of dogs. What kind of dogs are they, what are their names ... etc. etc ...

i ask plenty questions yes?

My avatar ... Pepper ,, about 5 years old, male. breed ? Mutt ( I don't know the feline version of that term )

Bobby
      they're schipperkes. the one on the left is emeril, the one on the right is wolfe, both named after chefs. our family's third dog, who lives in memphis, is named bayona, after a restaurant in new orleans. emeril belongs to my daughter, who lives next door. she has my cat and her cat, and i have her dog and my dog. works out better that way. 18 year old cat does *not* need to be chased by lively little black dogs.

schipperkes are bred down, as so many breeds are, from the spitz..all those "northern" breeds..huskies, malamutes, the smiling samoyed..all the prick-eared types. schips generally have no tails. i've heard that they're sometimes born that way, but more often docked. <wince> i'm not in favor of docking and cropping, but i didn't choose to bring home either of these pups, and i love them dearly, no tails and all. wolfie wags his entire butt instead. <g> i've always liked the bigger dogs, and the northern ones. i've had a malamute, a husky, a norwegian elkhound, a chow and..a great dane. and a bunch of mixed breed dogs in between. the great dane seems out of place, you say? a rescue. someone moved out of a farmhouse next to mine and left the puppy in a bathroom and came to feed it about every two days. i stole it. i admit it.

Comment

• Stole it and good for you!! Rescue is rescue.

I am a personal witness to the cuteness and incredible energy of Marfy's Schips that pass in the night
        Karen A/Publicist

Comment

• Originally posted by marfy View Post
          they're schipperkes. the one on the left is emeril, the one on the right is wolfe, both named after chefs. our family's third dog, who lives in memphis, is named bayona, after a restaurant in new orleans. emeril belongs to my daughter, who lives next door. she has my cat and her cat, and i have her dog and my dog. works out better that way. 18 year old cat does *not* need to be chased by lively little black dogs.

schipperkes are bred down, as so many breeds are, from the spitz..all those "northern" breeds..huskies, malamutes, the smiling samoyed..all the prick-eared types. schips generally have no tails. i've heard that they're sometimes born that way, but more often docked. <wince> i'm not in favor of docking and cropping, but i didn't choose to bring home either of these pups, and i love them dearly, no tails and all. wolfie wags his entire butt instead. <g> i've always liked the bigger dogs, and the northern ones. i've had a malamute, a husky, a norwegian elkhound, a chow and..a great dane. and a bunch of mixed breed dogs in between. the great dane seems out of place, you say? a rescue. someone moved out of a farmhouse next to mine and left the puppy in a bathroom and came to feed it about every two days. i stole it. i admit it.
          Wow - Skippers!! I looked seriously into getting a pair, but ended up getting one of their cousins, the Groenendael. I'll bet you're having fun with all that energy in your house! 8-)
          宝妮
          Bonnie in central WI

sigpic

Comment

• rofl! they really only lose it when folks come in. they truly do settle down once we're all settled in. you should have seen them when caitlin arrived last night, though! they adore her.

Comment

• Originally posted by bjbouwer View Post
              Wow - Skippers!! I looked seriously into getting a pair, but ended up getting one of their cousins, the Groenendael. I'll bet you're having fun with all that energy in your house! 8-)
              Groenendael? wow, i thought i was up on all the breeds, but i don't know those! ah...a belgian sheepdog variety..now, i can't think how you would have considered skips and herding dogs in the same breath. <grin>

tell me what the groenendaels are like?

Comment

Groenendael? wow, i thought i was up on all the breeds, but i don't know those! ah...a belgian sheepdog variety..now, i can't think how you would have considered skips and herding dogs in the same breath. <grin>

tell me what the groenendaels are like?
                Black. Full of energy. Loyal to family. 55-65# . . . just bigger versions of skippers!

Oh, and the BSD (Groenendael) has a tail. 8-)
                宝妮
                Bonnie in central WI

sigpic

Comment

• they look wonderful! cute cute. are those your kitties? good looking bunch. i've always been fond of what i call "the siamese mix-em-ups." is that what belle is? i couldn't tell if she has blue eyes.

Comment

they look wonderful! cute cute. are those your kitties? good looking bunch. i've always been fond of what i call "the siamese mix-em-ups." is that what belle is? i couldn't tell if she has blue eyes.
                    Sam was my first Snowshoe, and then a few months later I picked up Belle. They called Belle a Snowshoe, too, but she's quite different from Sam. Sam is almost a Ragdoll, and Belle is smaller with very short silky fur - almost rabbit fur! Her back end is a bit tall, and it has been suggested that she might be part Manx.
                    I got both of them through a purebred rescue.

We have similar taste in animals. 8-)
                    宝妮
                    Bonnie in central WI

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by bjbouwer View Post
                      Sam was my first Snowshoe, and then a few months later I picked up Belle. They called Belle a Snowshoe, too, but she's quite different from Sam. Sam is almost a Ragdoll, and Belle is smaller with very short silky fur - almost rabbit fur! Her back end is a bit tall, and it has been suggested that she might be part Manx.
                      I got both of them through a purebred rescue.

We have similar taste in animals. 8-)
                      Yes, we do seem to! The only Snowshoes I've seen are shorthaired. I am scanning antique photos at the moment, but one of these days I'll get around to scanning a picture of Velvet, who was a rescue feral we had many years ago. She looks a bit snowshoe-ish. Here's my Jai, who was my bestest bud for nearly 18 years, a Quad Grand Champion Birman:
                      Attached Files

Comment

Yes, we do seem to! The only Snowshoes I've seen are shorthaired. I am scanning antique photos at the moment, but one of these days I'll get around to scanning a picture of Velvet, who was a rescue feral we had many years ago. She looks a bit snowshoe-ish. Here's my Jai, who was my bestest bud for nearly 18 years, a Quad Grand Champion Birman:
                        Awwww, beautiful kitty!
                        Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

What a beautiful kitty!
                          宝妮
                          Bonnie in central WI

sigpic

Comment

• My Stella Too is a Snowshoe. I'm gonna see if I can find a picture of her for you
                            Attached Files
                            Karen A/Publicist

Comment

• Aww, she was gorgeous.
                              Jill Gallo /Manager
                              The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

Working...
                              X