Well folks here we go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well folks here we go

Going to have to take the critters and a few things out of the storms path it looks like. Went and bought five gallons of drinking water and filled eight large plastic cups with tap water put them in the freezer for now. They will help keep the food cold if power goes out for a day or two. I live in an evacuation zone along the SC coast. We are going another fifty miles inland to relatives for a few days. Going to take some of the smaller bundles of meat. They can thaw and we can cook them there. I knew it was going to happen again sooner or later. Just letting everyone know in case things turn out like they did after Hugo. So just in case I don't answer for a few days or a wek or more I'll get back in touch as soon as possible. Of course the storm could turn away from the coast and out to sea. But better to prepare for the other possibility. iIt comes ashore thirty miles away
    "Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." - Robert A. Heinlein

Originally posted by midnightblze View Post
    Going to have to take the critters and a few things out of the storms path it looks like. Went and bought five gallons of drinking water and filled eight large plastic cups with tap water put them in the freezer for now. They will help keep the food cold if power goes out for a day or two. I live in an evacuation zone along the SC coast. We are going another fifty miles inland to relatives for a few days. Going to take some of the smaller bundles of meat. They can thaw and we can cook them there. I knew it was going to happen again sooner or later. Just letting everyone know in case things turn out like they did after Hugo. So just in case I don't answer for a few days or a wek or more I'll get back in touch as soon as possible. Of course the storm could turn away from the coast and out to sea. But better to prepare for the other possibility. iIt comes ashore thirty miles away
    I'll be sending my best thoughts to you and your gang. Hope your power holds - but you've done some good things in preparation. Don't open the freezer (well you won't be there will you).
    Hope we hear from you soon.
    Karen A/Publicist

Comment

Stay safe and hope that the storm moves away from the coast. Looking at the storm track this morning it looks better for SC but worse for FLA. Stay safe everyone!

We're watching because if it turns inland then we could get remnants of it here. We're hoping for the full turn out to sea

Linda

Comment

Ooh. Be safe, whether you stay or go. It does look like more of a sharp right turn this morning, which might be good for you and yours.

Comment

Thanks you guys. Been watching the news today and saw the latest projected track. And saw the news reports about the evacuation routes. Bumper to bumper heading west. I'll be leaving tomorrow, Thursday morning when most of the traffic has thinned out. Been through a lot of these and it is always a hair raiser.
          "Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." - Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Stay safe! I'm glad you and the critters are getting out of there while you still can safely. It's always better to be safe than sorry, but I'll send prayers your way that you'll be ok
            Jill Gallo /Manager
            The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

Thanks you guys. Been watching the news today and saw the latest projected track. And saw the news reports about the evacuation routes. Bumper to bumper heading west. I'll be leaving tomorrow, Thursday morning when most of the traffic has thinned out. Been through a lot of these and it is always a hair raiser.
              I've been thinking about you...thanks for letting us know what's going on...hope the storm misses you and heads back out to sea! Be safe, and we'll be waiting to hear from yoi.
              Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

Originally posted by LindaD View Post
                Stay safe and hope that the storm moves away from the coast. Looking at the storm track this morning it looks better for SC but worse for FLA. Stay safe everyone!

We're watching because if it turns inland then we could get remnants of it here. We're hoping for the full turn out to sea

Linda
                Keep,us posted on your status, Linda!

Comment

It looks like we are FAR out of the track of this storm. Probably won't get a drop of rain unless it turns all the way back to land and does a second strike (hopefully not).

Linda

Comment

Originally posted by LindaD View Post
                    It looks like we are FAR out of the track of this storm. Probably won't get a drop of rain unless it turns all the way back to land and does a second strike (hopefully not).

Linda
                    Yeah, I heard on the news today that Maryland is not expected to get hit by the storm. I live about 150 from the ocean but we have had some pretty bad storms over the years. There was Hazel and then there was one in 72 that was really bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellen View Post
                      Yeah, I heard on the news today that Maryland is not expected to get hit by the storm. I live about 150 from the ocean but we have had some pretty bad storms over the years. There was Hazel and then there was one in 72 that was really bad.
                      It sounded pretty bad for Jim and for anyone on or near the coast including Florida friends of mine. Stay safe, peeps and check in please!
                      Karen A/Publicist

Comment

Well they keep changing the track prediction. Last night it was 50 miles off the coast. Tonight it's about 20. Which means near hurricane force winds at the house, not where I am. Mostly rain and some wind But Puddles was adamant about staying where HER HOME IS. Her fussing and fighting just made it seem a better choice to let her stay with three bowls of food around the house and several water dishes here and there too. I'll be back on Saturday depending on how much damage and if they let us back with heavy damage. One thing the stations are really covering this storm. Even had interviews with people riding it out, One woman was in West Palm beach. Again thanks everyone for the best wishes and I'll see you guys again later this week. The laptop is not cooperating with my family's isp.

Comment

Well they keep changing the track prediction. Last night it was 50 miles off the coast. Tonight it's about 20. Which means near hurricane force winds at the house, not where I am. Mostly rain and some wind But Puddles was adamant about staying where HER HOME IS. Her fussing and fighting just made it seem a better choice to let her stay with three bowls of food around the house and several water dishes here and there too. I'll be back on Saturday depending on how much damage and if they let us back with heavy damage. One thing the stations are really covering this storm. Even had interviews with people riding it out, One woman was in West Palm beach. Again thanks everyone for the best wishes and I'll see you guys again later this week. The laptop is not cooperating with my family's isp.
                          Glad you're safe. Hope Puddles is, too! Keep us posted.

Comment

Good luck down there. The news sure sounds scary.
                            The Bee and me, Maggie Forever! (January 1988- June 19, 2010), Irving Always! (March 1987 - October 25, 1999) Vancouver, BC, Theo my big beautiful boy. July 27, 2010-April 3, 2017

Comment

Back home after three days and no damage here to the house. One tree in the corner of the yard is minus half of the trunk ten feet in the air. May be a while until I can get a tree sevice company out. I do have to remove part of the tree that fell in the neighbor's yard. Not fun since I have no where to put the debris and no way to haul it away.

Now on to the most important news. Puddles is quite safe and spent a lot of time knocking things over in the house. I know it was her because objects right above and right below on the same set of shelves where fine. Plus she was typically cat like when she saw me. Run to the not quite empty bowl and meowed for it to be filled to the rim with food. Ah she's done with her important tasks and is now sitting on the back of the chair behind me meowing for chin rubs.

Comment

Working...
                              X