Floods in Wisconsin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floods in Wisconsin

Hey, Wisconsin members, I was reading about all the flooding in Madison and in the areas north of there (where I used to live) and was wondering how you were doing and whether you experienced any flooding.

I'm happily dry, but I have friends who weren't so lucky - my friend who lives in Cross Plains is dealing with substantial damage, and of course, flood insurance is giving her a load of baloney. It seems like we all ought to building an ark, it's been so insanely rainy!
    Mary
    ----with Sadie, Elsie, Saffron, Peaches & James ----

Comment

And boy, could we use some rain. There were a few tiny drops on the windshield last night and they made my heart sing ... for a little while.
      Karen A/Publicist

Comment

Mary: My brother lives in Cross Plains and they live a bit elevated so were not able to buy flood insurance and their neighbors were in the same situation. They were okay with a tiny bit of water in the basement (maybe a 5 gallon pail full). But neighbors had their basements flooded, a foot in one and many feet in another. No insurance so they have huge bills.

I grew up in Sauk county (western end) and have been watching the pictures of Reedsburg. My other brother lives in Pardeeville and from what he's saying it's worse than the 2008 floods. All the time I lived in Wisconsin I never saw the floods like they are happening now. Hope you are staying safe and hope your friends are able to get something out of that flood insurance. I hate insurance companies -- they want their money when the premium is due but fight tooth and nail when it comes time to pay. UGH.

Comment

Working...
        X