Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No room on the bed - who'd have thought a queen bed was too small for one human?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No room on the bed - who'd have thought a queen bed was too small for one human?

Last night was interesting.... while all of the critters have had bed privileges for ages, last night was making me think of a nursery rhyme song ("And there were five in the bed and the little one said "roll over, roll over" And they all rolled over and one fell out"). Between two cats (one of which doesn't even weigh 5 lbs) and one dog, at one point they had me so squished over to the side of the bed that any sudden movements would have had me on the floor. Had James started yowling out the song, I'd have expected to be rolled over onto the floor! But the goofy critters have a system that I just kind of have to go with - Peaches shoves the spare pillow to the floor since it's in his way, then James perches somewhere on my arms as they're folded under the pillow (because they might MOVE, and then James chases my hands... she's learning that if I go to scratch my face, she cannot leap onto my face... but anything else is fair in her opinion), and Elsie must lean into my stomach. Sadie wanted nothing to do with all of us - she prefers the floor, and in fact, because I had the fan on last night, she even abandoned us and went to the spare room. All I know is - come winter, between the furnace that Elsie and James both provide, I will be toasty warm!!

Apparently, I need a bigger bed. A queen size just doesn't cut it for a single person!!
    Mary
    ----with Sadie, Elsie, Saffron, Peaches & James ----

It's amazing how much room a little cat can take up on the bed -- and then there's Elsie! I used to sleep between two black labs -- DH was totally shut out when the dogs got on the bed and settled down on either side of me. Cicero at 6.5 pounds can hog up the whole bed with is own little self. Sounds like Sadie was the smart one in all of this <GGGG>

Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

Abby and Theo have lately taken to sleeping on my feet and legs. Abby is not too bad but at 20 pounds, Theo is killing me. Mind you it is nice and warm.
      The Bee and me, Maggie Forever! (January 1988- June 19, 2010), Irving Always! (March 1987 - October 25, 1999) Vancouver, BC, Theo my big beautiful boy. July 27, 2010-April 3, 2017

Comment

Puddles is not a very big kitty either. But her and the two canine critters in the bed with me at the same time and god help me if I start tossing and turning. First Gabby gets indignant. Then Molly pulls the "poor little me" look and burrows deeper under whatever cover she can find. Then there is Puddles. Who recently has decided that she really enjoys sleeping next to me in "MY SPOT AND DON"T MOVE IT ON ME" That brings out the serenade of poor mistreated kitty meowing. So I have to stop moving put my hand back under my head so Puddles can curl up along my side and next to my arm. Right at my armpit. Then she starts her grooming all over again. You know how much fun it is to wait for the inevitable cat whiskers tickling your side or even your arm pit?
        "Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." - Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

I know that feeling, thought Zack no longer sleeps with me. He either sleeps in the hallway or in the living room. I was quite squished when both Maggie and Zack slept with me. I only have a fully size bed though. Zack is a bed hog. Maggie isn't too bad.
          Jill Gallo /Manager
          The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

I've also got a full-sized bed. But I sleep in the 'edge of the bed threatening to fall out' position on my side. Gigi will push hard against me, threatening to push me off and purring like a motorboat. Stella is more polite, curling up on my hip (or on my tummy if I roll over onto my back). A full-sized bed definitely isn't big enough!
            Karen A/Publicist

Comment

Hello everyone in new to this forum so I'm just saying hello and introducing myself my name is Jared. My loving dog Toby and I sleep together with my full sized bed.. I give him a big space so he will comfortable to sleep.. I love waking up him.

Comment

Hi Jared and welcome to the forum!! Sounds like you and Toby get along really well. I use a full-sized bed too and my two kitties sleep with me (Gigi seems to want to push me off the bed!!)
                Karen A/Publicist

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one teetering at the side of the bed, about to fall off half the night!!! And of course, last night? I got to sleep ALONE for the first half of the night. No idea what Elsie and James were off doing. They were quiet, so I figured it was OK. And while Peaches did join me at one point, he doesn't like that cuddling idea, so he stayed on his half of the bed!!! But sometime in the middle of the night, they decided I needed company - I remember waking up and turning over, only to have Elsie fling herself into my chest so I could snuggle with her before she fell asleep. Could have been anywhere between 2 am and 5 am!! She's not gentle, but I don't doubt she loves me to pieces!
                  Mary
                  ----with Sadie, Elsie, Saffron, Peaches & James ----

Comment

Originally posted by JaredWade View Post
                    Hello everyone in new to this forum so I'm just saying hello and introducing myself my name is Jared. My loving dog Toby and I sleep together with my full sized bed.. I give him a big space so he will comfortable to sleep.. I love waking up him.
                    What kind of a dog is Toby? I have one that sleeps with me, and one doesn't. Three really is a crowd though.
                    Jill Gallo /Manager
                    The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

Originally posted by JaredWade View Post

Hi Jared,

Welcome to the forum. I used to have 8 cats but only once did they all get in bed with me at the same time. I only have 1 cat now and sometimes she will sleep with me and sometimes she won't. She is only 5 lbs but she takes up a lot of room.

Comment

Originally posted by DianeP View Post
                        Cicero at 6.5 pounds can hog up the whole bed with is own little self. Sounds like Sadie was the smart one in all of this <GGGG>
                        Well ye- ah It's his bed isn't it? Just because he sometimes lets you warm it up for him doesn't change anything.
                        The Chow Guy Purrsonal Assistant to Little Man
                        Owned and Operated by Tiger Bell Cat 1997-2013

Comment

Mary: When Doodle stretches out along with Kobi a queen size bed isn't big enough for me to get in with them unless I move them. These two boys really know how to take up lots of space! Not sure what's going to happen when BonBon joins us. I may have to give them the queen size bed and go bunk in the guest bedroom with a double bed.
                          Marci DeLisle
                          Cats/Rescue, Feral and Stray
                          Camp Counselor at Camp Happy Cat
                          Owner of NW Critter Sitter - "Paws-itively Purr-fect Pet-sitting"
                          Owner of Northwind Reiki ~Animal Reiki for the fur-persons in your life!
                          www.nwcrittersitter.com

Comment

Originally posted by MarciD View Post
                            Mary: When Doodle stretches out along with Kobi a queen size bed isn't big enough for me to get in with them unless I move them. These two boys really know how to take up lots of space! Not sure what's going to happen when BonBon joins us. I may have to give them the queen size bed and go bunk in the guest bedroom with a double bed.
                            MarciD you know perfectly well that if you move to the double bed, they will move with you!!
                            Karen A/Publicist

Comment

Originally posted by KarenA View Post
                              MarciD you know perfectly well that if you move to the double bed, they will move with you!!
                              You said it before me. But she is in for worse sleeping arrangements by going to a smaller bed.
                              "Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." - Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Working...
                              X