Just wondering tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wondering tonight

Just thinking about the bridge crew and all the other forum critters that have crossed over to the bridge. I know there is part of the general idea that they are there whole, healthy and safe. But I got to thinking about the way some critters are and their need to be doing something. Like with the herding breeds. Are there sheep and other farm animals there to challenge their brains with keeping them in order and moving them from meadow to meadow? I had the shelties and had to make sure they were challenged occasionally and they had to be active. Even if it was herding the cats they lived with if they got a chance. And there is the cats. Yeah I know the not so kindly stereotype is lazy sleep all day walking eating machines. But then I remember how Faith had her game with the egg timer under a small box. The years she continued to be fascinated by the noise and the repeated times she was "startled" by the ringing kind of makes me think there were times cats also have to have some stimulating challenges. Of course there is also the little red beast and her quest to knock things over.

So are there interesting challenges to keep the critters minds active? Or is it stretch out in the sun and drink in the comfort and warmth?
    "Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." - Robert A. Heinlein

When we had to walk Keeter over the Bridge, the moment she passed, both Sam and I felt her leap out of her body and dash away with Bast--it was like this sudden burst of joy and energy that she hadn't felt in so many years. I could feel her relief and sense of freedom. I think, that it's like a new threshold, and whatever they go on to (we believe she came back to us as Morgan, just like Luna came back as Brighid), they do so fresh and new. So I think they find their challenges and joys, whether it be sunbathing in the warmth, or romping around a field.

Yazza
    Yasmine; Staff: Your First Cat.
    I love the smell of espresso in the morning.
    NYT, USA Today, and Publishers Weekly Bestselling urban fantasy author www.galenorn.com
    I miss all my Rainbow Bridge Gurlz...love to Meerclar, Luna , Keeter , Tara , Circe

Comment

Theo's favorite game was peekaboo. As long as he has someone to play with he will be happy.
      Maggie's favorite game was "clear the decks" she finds it challenging to knock everything off of every table.
      Irving's favorite game was "steal the house guests jewelry. He would need a house guest, jewlery and oh, a house. I just assumed that whatever he needed would be there.
      The Bee and me, Maggie Forever! (January 1988- June 19, 2010), Irving Always! (March 1987 - October 25, 1999) Vancouver, BC, Theo my big beautiful boy. July 27, 2010-April 3, 2017

Comment

I think wherever they are, they have what they need...if they need to chase things there will be things to chase. I do t't believe the Bridge is limited to our furkids.

Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

Sometimes I wonder if they're all gathered around, talking about us.
          Yasmine; Staff: Your First Cat.
          I love the smell of espresso in the morning.
          NYT, USA Today, and Publishers Weekly Bestselling urban fantasy author www.galenorn.com
          I miss all my Rainbow Bridge Gurlz...love to Meerclar, Luna , Keeter , Tara , Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Yasmine View Post
            Sometimes I wonder if they're all gathered around, talking about us.
            Maybe they are and that's why we sometimes have them visit in our dreams.
            "Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." - Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Originally posted by DianeP View Post
              I think wherever they are, they have what they need...if they need to chase things there will be things to chase. I do t't believe the Bridge is limited to our furkids.
              Then I also wonder sometimes is there someone lucky enough to be the one that pets and gives them ear rubs and chin scritches. Are there other pet owners that have passed on earlier that they visit when they just need that special ear rub or belly scratch while they are awaiting their human?

Comment

So many of Tilly's old flyball teammates have passed over the bridge, some before and some after her, that I am sure she's having a great big game of flyball with her buddies. And a couple of human souls I know are helping them, as they loved the game, too, when they were on this side of the bridge. Of course, I'm sure they're playing the game THEIR WAY, where everyone gets to race to the box together, rather than that silly "taking turns" we made them do. And then for good measure, Tilly is knocking over the box of balls just because it's awesome to make things go flying, and because her labrador retriever buddies would love it. And everybody feels good, nobody hurts or can't see or hear.

Mary
                ----with Sadie, Elsie, Saffron, Peaches & James ----

Comment

Originally posted by MaryH View Post
                  So many of Tilly's old flyball teammates have passed over the bridge, some before and some after her, that I am sure she's having a great big game of flyball with her buddies. And a couple of human souls I know are helping them, as they loved the game, too, when they were on this side of the bridge. Of course, I'm sure they're playing the game THEIR WAY, where everyone gets to race to the box together, rather than that silly "taking turns" we made them do. And then for good measure, Tilly is knocking over the box of balls just because it's awesome to make things go flying, and because her labrador retriever buddies would love it. And everybody feels good, nobody hurts or can't see or hear.
                  Of course she's knocking over the box of balls. More chaos and more balls to chase and all the other dogs can join in and round up the esaping balls.

Comment

My partner predeceased Bzee and Marco, and I always envision them with her. Brzee looked for her for several years after she passed.

Maybe they've created their own forum play groups.

Teresa
                    Living on the Cheap
                    Miami FL on the Cheap
                    Florida on the Cheap

Comment

Originally posted by Teresa View Post
                      My partner predeceased Bzee and Marco, and I always envision them with her. Brzee looked for her for several years after she passed.

Maybe they've created their own forum play groups.

Teresa
                      I'm sure they're together again.

Jill Gallo /Manager
                      The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

Working...
                      X