Rain patterns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain patterns

Rain can be a fickle thing, with some areas getting drenched, while others are starved. Thursday was supposed to have heavy rain moving through. It delayed the football game, but my gauge showed nothing. Friday afternoon, a highway corridor got 4" of rain in a very short time, with flooding of course. My gauge showed nothing. It didn't seem like much overnight, but when I looked out my upstairs window, I saw some puddles on my neighbors yard. My gauge showed over 2 1/2" of rain. and now the scattered rain that was supposed to be south of us seems like sit will stick around all weekend. And then there is Florence, which is still an unknown for the East Coast.

I returned a book to the library this afternoon walking by several impoundment basins. Based on what my gauge read, I expected to see a lot of water in them. Not really. Since weather is a big factor in the television ratings, the local stations have some of their own radars giving quite detailed readings, down to the block. Last night, I heard rain, looked out my door, and the sidewalk was dry. On the TV website, the rain line was several houses away from me.

And if there was a way to funnel some of the rain to help with the California fires, there are a lot of people out East that would be glad to send some of that your way. We have been extremely humid, and the weather that has hit hasn't moved very much, so some areas have gotten massive amounts of rain while a few miles away, very little.
    sigpic

It would sure be nice to have some rain here...we usually have one or two rainstorms during the summer, but weve had none this year.

Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

We are finally getting some rain which is a relief as the smoke in the air has been making life very unpleasant. Hopefully this is going to help the fire situation and hopefully you will get some rain too.
      The Bee and me, Maggie Forever! (January 1988- June 19, 2010), Irving Always! (March 1987 - October 25, 1999) Vancouver, BC, Theo my big beautiful boy. July 27, 2010-April 3, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by MW&MW View Post
        We are finally getting some rain which is a relief as the smoke in the air has been making life very unpleasant. Hopefully this is going to help the fire situation and hopefully you will get some rain too.
        Send some of that rain south! Were still havin fires, and the smoke this weekend was moderate. I think were getting used to it. Its part of the bsckground of the day now

Comment

A strange week around here. Feels like 105 on Wednesday, and today it got to a high of 62. At least another inch of rain today, making 3 1/2" in a bit over a day and a half.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by calicokitty View Post
            A strange week around here. Feels like 105 on Wednesday, and today it got to a high of 62. At least another inch of rain today, making 3 1/2" in a bit over a day and a half.
            Us too. I think our high was 60 yesterday, and it's cool and still raining out today. My phone says rain today, thunderstorms Tuesday and Wednesday, and rain on Thursday. We get a break on Friday, and Saturday, but more rain on Sunday and Monday.
            Jill Gallo /Manager
            The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

93 here today again <groan......>

Comment

Originally posted by DianeP View Post
                93 here today again <groan......>
                if I could send you our rain I would. Come up for a visit! Take a break from the heat.

The Bee and me, Maggie Forever! (January 1988- June 19, 2010), Irving Always! (March 1987 - October 25, 1999) Vancouver, BC, Theo my big beautiful boy. July 27, 2010-April 3, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by MW&amp;MW View Post
                  if I could send you our rain I would. Come up for a visit! Take a break from the heat.
                  Now that sounds like a plan!

Comment

We are still going to be in and out of rain for the next two days. Several months ago, I got a battery powered mower, to make things easier on me. Well, one needs a dry lawn to be able to cut the grass, and that hasn't been the case in quite a few days. So out came the human powered reel mower to cut the grass. I suppose by the time I got dry grass the mower could easily do the job, but not on one battery charge. And it is a two hour charge.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DianeP View Post

Now that sounds like a plan!
                      Come on down!.....er up.

Comment

Working...
                      X