Star Princess round trip to Alaska from LA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Princess round trip to Alaska from LA

Pretty good food (sent two main dishes back and got much better replacements). VERY comfortable bed - they seem to have replaced the mattresses with pillow top.

First night we sat at a table for 6 alone. I called the headwaiter and he said the seats were assigned. Couple showed up late and chatted to each other. Second night we were alone (couple had said they would be at a specialty restaurant) so I called the headwaiter again. He assured me we would have company the next night and I told him in my kindest way to stuff it. I insisted we be changed either to late seating or early with people there or in the other dining room. He said he would but no note to the cabin so third night I took us to the other dining room where they sat us with six interesting people and we had great dinners after that.

I made friends with five other people and we made up a trivia team that played every trivia and every game show all 12 days. We exchanged email addresses and life for me was happy.

I went to sleep every night around 9-10 pm, got fabulous sleep and enjoyed breakfast with different people every day, listened to some goodish music (a great Princess band also), heard once a string trio that sounded like they were practicing or playing the music for the first time and that was the last time for me.

The towns were as they have been for my last three or four Alaska cruises and I actually took my scooter (rented for the 12 day voyage for only $228) out and into one town. We took the whale watching excursion and saw some tails (no breeches) and lots of blowing.

In all a really excellent trip and one I hope to repeat when I can. Any roommate volunteers?
    Karen A/Publicist

Except for the table arrangements, reads like an interesting trip.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by calicokitty View Post
      Except for the table arrangements, reads like an interesting trip.
      Fortunately the last ten days (after the table change) had very nice dinner conversation
      Karen A/Publicist

Comment

Glad you enjoyed your trip!
        Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

Glad you enjoyed it. We did an Alaska cruise from here a few years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it.
          The Bee and me, Maggie Forever! (January 1988- June 19, 2010), Irving Always! (March 1987 - October 25, 1999) Vancouver, BC, Theo my big beautiful boy. July 27, 2010-April 3, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by MW&MW View Post
            Glad you enjoyed it. We did an Alaska cruise from here a few years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it.
            I've taken many, many cruises and for my money the Alaska cruise is the best anywhere near north america
            Karen A/Publicist

Comment

I don't think any of my Alaskan 'cruises' make the cut. Not too many people would want to kayak on the Arctic Ocean off of Northern Alaska.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by calicokitty View Post
                I don't think any of my Alaskan 'cruises' make the cut. Not too many people would want to kayak on the Arctic Ocean off of Northern Alaska.
                I went scuba diving in Ketchacan.
                The Bee and me, Maggie Forever! (January 1988- June 19, 2010), Irving Always! (March 1987 - October 25, 1999) Vancouver, BC, Theo my big beautiful boy. July 27, 2010-April 3, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by MW&MW View Post

I went scuba diving in Ketchacan.
                  You might be able to SCUBA dive in Ketchikan without even going into the water. It rains there most days and it is the wettest US city.
                  Karen A/Publicist

Comment

Originally posted by KarenA View Post

You might be able to SCUBA dive in Ketchikan without even going into the water. It rains there most days and it is the wettest US city.
                    Thatís funny cuz it was bright and sunny when we were there.

Comment

Working...
                    X