Those annoying spam calls....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those annoying spam calls....

It is beyond annoying with those constant robocalls. What seems even worse if that if you do not let the robo call message complete, and connect with a human, the calls will keep coming. I have lost track of the number of robo calls that I have gotten that purport to be from the IRS (they never call you, if you don't realize that). And since many of the messages are long, it is easier to simply hang up. I also get tons of messages purporting to be from my credit card provider, which of course is false. After many calls, I decided to let a call through wanting to lower my student college loan burden -- like that pertains to a degree I got 50 years ago-- just to give the human some choice words.

And I recently got a e-mail saying there was a problem with my credit card, and to click on a link to verify my account. Since I don't have that credit card, I called the credit card company and they instructed me on how to forward the e-mail to their security department. The e-mail was obviously pfishing for personal account/identification information.

One of the things the robo calls use is to spoof the number so one thinks the number is a local number.
    sigpic

It was bad enough when they came on the house phone, but now they’re calling the cell phone.
    Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

NoMoRoBo

Its's not perfect (robo callers keep gettin new numbers), but unlike the Do Not Call List it stops a lot of them.
      The Chow Guy Purrsonal Assistant to Little Man
      Owned and Operated by Tiger Bell Cat 1997-2013

Comment

They're annoying. I never answer the phone unless I know who it is anyway.
        Jill Gallo /Manager
        The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

I live in an area that gets the highest number of robo calls. I have found the best way of handling them is to not answer the phone unless I recognize the caller. If it's important they will leave a message and I can always pick up during the message. To keep these calls from waking me up my phone system has a handy silent mode so that before 10 am in the morning and after 8 pm at night it only accepts calls from a designated list of numbers the rest go to voice mail.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain-mama View Post
            I live in an area that gets the highest number of robo calls. I have found the best way of handling them is to not answer the phone unless I recognize the caller. If it's important they will leave a message and I can always pick up during the message. To keep these calls from waking me up my phone system has a handy silent mode so that before 10 am in the morning and after 8 pm at night it only accepts calls from a designated list of numbers the rest go to voice mail.
            Thats what I do as well. It works.
            The Bee and me, Maggie Forever! (January 1988- June 19, 2010), Irving Always! (March 1987 - October 25, 1999) Vancouver, BC, Theo my big beautiful boy. July 27, 2010-April 3, 2017

Comment

Working...
            X