Computers....ugh!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computers....ugh!

I have been having video problems for some time now, and was working to get an adjustment. Already my computer had been sent back to the manufacturer due to a hard disc problem, and it isn't that old of a computer. So under extended warranty, they decided to give em a new computer. Since the replaced computer is quite new, this is a modest advance over that one. But it had a wireless keyboard and a wireless mouse. I say had, because I found it almost impossible to work with the mouse, and unless I put the keyboard on my lap and faced the computer, it didn't seem to work. I will have to pull the manual off the net to see if there is something I am missing. I am using an older keyboard and regular mouse right now. Fortunately for me, they decided to simply transfer the hard disc drive from my computer to the new computer, which was great. Apparently with Windows 10, this is easy to do. Swap the drive, turn it on, and it automatically adjusts to the new hardware. I did have to re-initialize my wireless router. Haven't checked my wireless printer though.

in edit: I had to call in an expert on a mouse, and she got immediately to work:

Misty-53s.jpg

Last edited by calicokitty; 04-12-2019, 07:21 PM.
    sigpic

I’ve had wireless keyboards and mice for years without this issue. Did they both come with the computer?

Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

Both were wireless. I have been able to get the keyboard to behave better, although typing seems awkward. I seem to be able to type faster than the monitor can show the letters, and I get multiple letters. The wireless mouse is driving me up the wall, so I am not using it. It simply doesn't respond well. Whether it is the mouse pad, or something else, I cannot stand it. I spent a lot of time trying to find out what some of the slots on the front of the computer were, to no avail. Then I went to Amazon, where they showed the computer, and the front, and labelled each slot. My printer works wireless, although several programs required re-registration.
      sigpic

Comment

Dare I say get a Mac?
        The Bee and me, Maggie Forever! (January 1988- June 19, 2010), Irving Always! (March 1987 - October 25, 1999) Vancouver, BC, Theo my big beautiful boy. July 27, 2010-April 3, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by calicokitty View Post
          Both were wireless. I have been able to get the keyboard to behave better, although typing seems awkward. I seem to be able to type faster than the monitor can show the letters, and I get multiple letters. The wireless mouse is driving me up the wall, so I am not using it. It simply doesn't respond well. Whether it is the mouse pad, or something else, I cannot stand it. I spent a lot of time trying to find out what some of the slots on the front of the computer were, to no avail. Then I went to Amazon, where they showed the computer, and the front, and labelled each slot. My printer works wireless, although several programs required re-registration.
          I find my wireless mouse and keyboard respond a lot quicker than the old wired ones did. You should be able to adjust the response speed of the mouse and maybe the keyboard in Settings. i have Apple products, so I am not sure what else you could do.
          Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

I did change the mouse response time, and it seems to help. I don't have keyboard setting to change that could help.
            sigpic

Comment

I use a Kensington Expert Mouse Wireless Trackball. The name is confusing--it is a trackball, not a mouse. I realize that some people hate trackballs. I'm one who loves them. It works very well, and it has four programmable buttons.
              Dav Vandenbroucke

Comment

It's always beneficial to have a mouse expert in the house.
                Jill Gallo /Manager
                The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

Done with the wireless mouse. Too erratic. I don't need the extra aggravation. The keyboard may go next. It seems too sensitive. I cannot rest my fingers on the keyboard without extra characters appearing. There are no control settings for the keyboard.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by calicokitty View Post
                    Done with the wireless mouse. Too erratic. I don't need the extra aggravation. The keyboard may go next. It seems too sensitive. I cannot rest my fingers on the keyboard without extra characters appearing. There are no control settings for the keyboard.
                    It must be a windows thing. My wireless keyboard and mouse on my iMac work perfectly. Is there a strong source of radio interference near your computer? Old flourecent lights, old copper wiring or something like that? It may be that the mouse and keyboard you have are not shielded sufficiently. I had to take the pickups out of my guitars and wrap the cavities for them in copper foil because the “RF noise” from the ancient wiring in my house was being picked up by the guitar pickups and overwhelming them.
                    The Bee and me, Maggie Forever! (January 1988- June 19, 2010), Irving Always! (March 1987 - October 25, 1999) Vancouver, BC, Theo my big beautiful boy. July 27, 2010-April 3, 2017

Comment

Not especially a windows thing. My wireless devices work fine. Hard to say why calico's don't. I suppose the thing to do would be try them on a different machine.
                      Dav Vandenbroucke

Comment

The keyboard works all right, but it requires me to type differently. I cannot simply rest a finger on a key without getting extra letters. The mouse is over. It is so much easier to use a USB mouse. I can put the keyboard on my lap and type, which comes in handy when a cat wishes to lie in front of the monitor. Computers sometimes do not like me. At one place where I get healthcare, they give one a tablet to enter in data. Fortunately, that isn't often, since it is a true disaster.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X