Nasty Firefox surprise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nasty Firefox surprise

Seems like I am not the only one who noticed. Firefox somehow automatically invalidated add-ons, across the board. For me, the critical one was the ad blocker. It took some time, even for the ones Firefox approves, to get it reinstalled. Kept getting the message connection failed. I restarted Firefox, and was able to reinstall the ad blocker. Without the ad blocker, it is like using dial up, with so many ads loading to each page. It also invalidated all my Norton add-ons.
    sigpic

Never used Firefox...good luck....
    Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

I have it on my computer, but generally I use Safari.
      Jill Gallo /Manager
      The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

Since I primarily use a kindle that is something I don't have to deal with.

Comment

I'm using Firefox right now. My adblocker is fine. Strange.
          Dav Vandenbroucke

Comment

Originally posted by davanden View Post
            I'm using Firefox right now. My adblocker is fine. Strange.
            Apparently, from various message boards, something that showed up stating your version of add ons were no longer viable with Firefox and when you accepted it, you couldn't load 'approved' add ons, even though they were the same ones. Apparently, Firefox corrected it, and you simply needed to restart the browser. It didn't work that quickly with me, so there may have been a delayed patch to correct it. Anyway, it is amazing how quickly the number of blocked ads show up for each site. I initially didn't give it all that much thought, since many of my Norton add ons don't work with Firefox.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X