Knee follow up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knee follow up

Saw the surgeon today. He was very pleased, but also said he thought that would be the case. Keep working on the full extension and range of motion, which will be harder due to the severe condition of my knee prior to surgery. I see him in another year. The bad news is that I cannot get a treatment for my arthritic ankle until late September. That is now causing me a lot of pain.
    sigpic

Great news about your knee. I hope there are cancellations so you can go sooner about your ankle.
    Karen A/Publicist

Comment

I have to wait three months before I can get a steroid injection for my ankle pain. As my surgeon said, that sucks, but it is critical for the healing of the implant. But I am scheduling some things now that I had to delay due to the surgery. Since the surgery is in the past, I can go forward.
      sigpic

Comment

Glad your knee is healing on schedule. Hope the ankle can get some relief soon!
        Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

Good news about the knee. Too bad your ankle is acting up.
          Jill Gallo /Manager
          The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

Originally posted by JGallo View Post
            Good news about the knee. Too bad your ankle is acting up.
            The ankle is far worse than the knee before surgery, but there are not good options. I had 7 fractures in the ankle in 1995. I actually got pain free after the knee surgery, probably because I was no longer hobbling. But lately, the pain has come back. I was getting 5 months from steroid injections, but those had to be halted for the knee surgery. It will be 5 weeks before I can get treatment on the ankle. Movement does help. Pain medication is generally ineffective.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by calicokitty View Post

The ankle is far worse than the knee before surgery, but there are not good options. I had 7 fractures in the ankle in 1995. I actually got pain free after the knee surgery, probably because I was no longer hobbling. But lately, the pain has come back. I was getting 5 months from steroid injections, but those had to be halted for the knee surgery. It will be 5 weeks before I can get treatment on the ankle. Movement does help. Pain medication is generally ineffective.
              That's too bad. Chronic pain can cause depression and other ailments.
              Jill Gallo /Manager

My Albums

Comment

Originally posted by JGallo View Post

That's too bad. Chronic pain can cause depression and other ailments.
                With having six cats, being crazy doesn't leave room for any depression!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by calicokitty View Post

With having six cats, being crazy doesn't leave room for any depression!
                  You have a point there.
                  Jill Gallo /Manager

My Albums

Comment

For those curious, seems like the cost of the knee replacement, when everything is taken into consideration, and IF the person does not have insurance, is around $40,000. Those are some expensive LEGO blocks. However, since they had a cardiac concern that had to be explored, which added an additional $20,000 in tests (cost IF no insurance) my knee should be gold plated. Medicare, however, really negotiates the price down substantially. And for me, most of the costs not covered by Medicare were against my very high deductible. Only towards the tail end was it satisfied.
                    sigpic

Comment

Thatís a whole lot of money!
                      Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

I have Medicare Plan F. I've always had a high monthly cost but that's ALL. I can have a one-year hospital stay without paying one penny beyond that. Or three months in a nursing care facility. I chose wisely because I have had pretty much every ailment known to woman - and am being kept in quite decent health. Of course Medicare Part D, which was designed to rip off seniors has done a job on me but I have help in Canada with a friendly pharmacist even for that.
                        Karen A/Publicist

Comment

When I retired, the medical plan was great, and that was expected since the company continued to assure their commitment to their retirees, since they are a health care company. That has all changed, and it is now a very high deductible plan, however, the drug part is quite good. (Three months of a statin, zero dollars; three months osteoporosis medication, $6) but if you decide to drop out, that is gone forever. Blood tests at a certain lab are at no cost, and those labs are everywhere. And considering one took a reduced pay for their entire career for retirement health benefits, a tough choice. And if you drop health, you also lose dental. And with the health, I pay nothing for ophthalmologists for routine check ups. It is just that this year is the first time I have met my deductible since I retired in 2004. I am thankful that Medicare is as good as it is. I have scheduled a complete physical for later this month, and it will cost me nothing and Medicare wouldn't have covered it, since it is considered wellness. I was concerned about too often having physicals, but was assured that since my last one was over 50 years ago, I am within guidelines.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X