There goes Labor Day weekend bicycling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There goes Labor Day weekend bicycling

Early this morning, the power went out. That meant popping the stop on the electric garage door opener to get out of the garage. As I was trying to get it closed once I got my car out, it wouldn't go all the way down. But what did happen is that I didn't watch that carefully where my hand was. Laceration of the index finger, with 6 stitches needed. I knew quickly that a band-aid was not going to work, so after flooding it with water, off to medical care. I walked in with the bloodied paper towel wrapping my finger, and asked if I was at the right place. They took care of me quite quickly, and now I have what some term a 'super cast' on my finger. No, not a splint, just a very large wrapping. Didn't break the nail, however. Makes typing difficult. But a real bummer, as this weekend is supposed to be great. Live and learn. Goes right along with not stellar news from my physical Thursday. Relates to blood work.
    sigpic

Ummer! Yes, it would be difficult to cycle with a lacerated finger. Take care...hope you get your blood work back to normal!
    Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

I studied real hard for the blood test, but it didn't work! Now I am getting dinged for my BMI. You would not want to see me at the recommended BMI level. I went on line, and that calculator is a bit more sophisticated, as it incorporates age. If my weight has been steady for a long time, my BMI is ideal for me, and it has. What has changed is that I am shrinking making my BMI go up.
      sigpic

Comment

From the pics Iíve seen of you, itís hard to believe your BMI is too high!

Comment

Originally posted by DianeP View Post
          From the pics Iíve seen of you, itís hard to believe your BMI is too high!
          I am close, and I drink a lot of water. But I will blame it on my knee replacement. Metal weighs more than bone, and weight gain is nearly a pound. A check of the wound this morning, and I am under the BMI 'problem' weight! They took x-rays, and everything seems all right,
          sigpic

Comment

Good news!

Comment

I'm glad it wasn't worse.
              So have a restful weekend.
              Karen A/Publicist

Comment

This will take me out of bicycling a bit longer than I expected. Hard to flip the shifters if I can't use my index finger. Sure, I can use my next finger, but that means likely bumping my index finger. Stitches due to be removed on the 13th, and I am sure my finger will be sensitive for awhile longer.
                sigpic

Comment

I canít imagine doing shifters with stiches in my finger...ouch!

Comment

Stitches are removed. Things look all right. My insurance company wanted to be proactive, so to avoid any future hits on my fingers, they simply wanted to amputate my arm at the shoulder. They said if I were a working employee, the arm might be needed, but as a retiree, it is not important to them. Hope to bicycle on Sunday.
                    sigpic

Comment

Ha!

Comment

Working...
                      X