Trees are starting to turn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trees are starting to turn

A long ride today, mainly along rivers (about 45-47 miles) and in spots some of the trees were showing fall colors. There are a lot of leaves down already but we are no where near peak color. I grab shots when I can, since I cannot predict when I may get out again. While we have not seen much rain in a long time, just one rain day on the weekend, and I could miss color on a specific trail. A totally rainy weekend, followed by a windy week and I could miss all the color. The trail may look like it gets vehicle traffic, but only from the Ranger patrols, which are regular.

Perk-59s.jpg

sigpic

We don't have too much color yet either. That's still a pretty path to be riding on.
    Jill Gallo /Manager
    The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

It is among my favorite trails, although I have to ride over 10 miles to get to the trail start. More of it is getting paved, but the gravel part keeps the trail speed demons off it. Very sheltered and basically follows an old railroad pathway. One skirts Valley Forge National Historic Park to get there. There are plenty of different trailhead parking lots, but I chose to minimize my driving.
      sigpic

Comment

No color in Westchester either. I hope the Philadelphia color holds off a few weeks until I get there.
        Karen A/Publicist

Comment

Originally posted by calicokitty View Post
          It is among my favorite trails, although I have to ride over 10 miles to get to the trail start. More of it is getting paved, but the gravel part keeps the trail speed demons off it. Very sheltered and basically follows an old railroad pathway. One skirts Valley Forge National Historic Park to get there. There are plenty of different trailhead parking lots, but I chose to minimize my driving.
          I have one of those *rails to trails* nearby, but it's short.
          Jill Gallo /Manager
          The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

A very pretty place to ride for sure! The sycamores are starting to turn here..they’re always the first. It seems a bit early, though.
            Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

Finally on the way home, driving to the airport, I saw a little color.
              Karen A/Publicist

Comment

Starting to happen here now. Going to have lots of leaves to rake soon.
                The Bee and me, Maggie Forever! (January 1988- June 19, 2010), Irving Always! (March 1987 - October 25, 1999) Vancouver, BC, Theo my big beautiful boy. July 27, 2010-April 3, 2017

Comment

Working...
                X