Another year older...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another year older...

I figured after all I went through this year, I could look back with satisfaction, after all I got a new knee and things are doing well. I figured the doctor's visit last week would tell me that I truly didn't have any concerns and the test just showed I never had to be concerned. Didn't turn out that way. There are new suggestions for concern and this will have to be monitored. But that becomes tricky. I was drafted and sent to Vietnam, and now there are suggestions about Agent Orange. I don't have other risk factors, and what was seen is not definitive. But concerning.
    sigpic

Keep an eye on whatever it is and I hope you're ok. And, Happy Birthday, it it's your birthday. You did say another year older.
    Jill Gallo /Manager
    The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

Originally posted by JGallo View Post
      Keep an eye on whatever it is and I hope you're ok. And, Happy Birthday, it it's your birthday. You did say another year older.
      Next test will be in two years. I will have to hope nothing arises in the interim. One is referring to cancer, of course.
      sigpic

Comment

A belated Happy Birthday! As far as being concerned about medical problems that may be coming I try my best to not dwell on them, although that is not easy.

Comment

I did dig up some information about Agent Orange. They have a list of 12 or so diseases that are presumptive. In other words, if you have the diagnosis, you get the compensation; it is not necessary to prove the connection, just show that you were in Vietnam, and there is a specific procedure on filing the claim. And for something like Parkinsonism, if you have a family history and come down with it, it doesn't matter. You qualify. What I don't know is the range of compensation; probably 5 cents a month. I don't have any symptoms, so hopefully it will be just a matter of marking my 2021 calendar when I get it to schedule the exam for that October.
          sigpic

Comment

Live your life, monitor your conditions and try not to dwell on it. The best thing is that it’s going to be monitored, and that’s all you can do at this time. You already exercis, and I assume you eat well as you look very fit...those are the best defenses, especially for Parkinsons. Did you know that riding a bike is one of the best exercises for Parkinsons?
            Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

There may be a bit of irony in all this. Parkinson's has a family link, on my mother's side. However, it seems I inherited most from my father, and my brother most from my mother. But if I am fated, then I submit a claim to the government, and am covered. It is legally presumed it was due to Agent Orange exposure.

We are having the coldest weather of the season, more like late December. And I expect to be out bicycling tomorrow. Lining up the warm gear.
              sigpic

Comment

Belated happy birthday!
                The Bee and me, Maggie Forever! (January 1988- June 19, 2010), Irving Always! (March 1987 - October 25, 1999) Vancouver, BC, Theo my big beautiful boy. July 27, 2010-April 3, 2017

Comment

Working...
                X