Same old, same old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same old, same old

The new year is upon us, but the same robo calls are still there. A $299 automatic deduction if I don't cancel my computer contract (I don't have one, and it comes via a scammer in Eastern Europe that cannot be traced) and then the "last chance" to reduce my credit card rate, and change my electric supplier. I wish those last chances were true. I got two calls in one day about that 'last chance'. Except for the computer contract, all spoofed a local call. But I can't simply ignore the calls, as I am expecting a contractor to call to arrange for a visit to go over new work.
    sigpic

We have a feature on our local land line service that will give an incoming caller a code to punch in before it will be passed through to my number. Robocalls cannot get by this. Once a caller has done this once, the service remembers them as a friend unless I block them. My phone hardly ever rings anymore.
    The Bee and me, Maggie Forever! (January 1988- June 19, 2010), Irving Always! (March 1987 - October 25, 1999) Vancouver, BC, Theo my big beautiful boy. July 27, 2010-April 3, 2017

Comment

What's a land line? Oh wait, that is the phone service I used to have that was down more than half the time, and after every rainstorm. It was fun calling the phone company to tell them your phone had no dial tone. I had to go to a neighbor to use their phone. They always asked if this was the number you were calling from. Yes, I was calling from the dead phone. Gee-sh!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by calicokitty View Post
        What's a land line? Oh wait, that is the phone service I used to have that was down more than half the time, and after every rainstorm. It was fun calling the phone company to tell them your phone had no dial tone. I had to go to a neighbor to use their phone. They always asked if this was the number you were calling from. Yes, I was calling from the dead phone. Gee-sh!
        hoeed a better phone company!
        The Bee and me, Maggie Forever! (January 1988- June 19, 2010), Irving Always! (March 1987 - October 25, 1999) Vancouver, BC, Theo my big beautiful boy. July 27, 2010-April 3, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by MW&MW View Post

hoeed a better phone company!
          I still have my land line too. When we had hurricane Sandy, we lost all power but our land line phone always worked.
          Jill Gallo /Manager
          The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

After two of the same robo calls in two days, I decided to stay on the line. It started out saying that due to my phone number, I have been selected to receive a free 6 days stay at Marriott. On answering, it was a USA-Mexico combo company, and I told them I could not have been selected since I am on the no call list, and them proceeded to use language that is not acceptable on this website, or most other websites. And in a difference, the person who answered did not sound Pakistani as most of them have been.
            sigpic

Comment

I know quite a few of what I imagine were your words to this robocaller. I worked as a cabbie - I'm sure I need say no more.
              Karen A/Publicist

Comment

A robo call today about my extended car warranty. Except I don't have one. But pressing #2 would stop calls in the future, so I did and got a recorded call saying I was being put on their no call list. I can only hope.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X