Senior grocery hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senior grocery hours

A number of the grocery stores have announced special early hours for seniors to shop, no one under 60 supposed to show up. The real problem I have is they are hours very early in the day, like from 6-7 AM. And as a retired person, I have no intention of getting up early in the morning. Not having to get up early is a benefit of being a senior!

in edit: the governor issued rules shutting down almost every business in the state other than grocery stores, gas stations and pharmacies, and greatly restricting other businesses that can be open. No haircuts, no perms, no getting nails done, etc. As a positive, ordered lawyers to shutter. Even CPA's cannot work, so what does that do for people's taxes? I went grocery shopping tonight. No TP, no paper towels, no Clorox or Lysol wipes, heavily picked over frozen food area, low on bread but decent on milk. The station at the entrance that had wipes for the carts was empty. I finished with half my list being unable to fill.
    Last edited by calicokitty; 03-19-2020, 10:53 PM.
    sigpic

Originally posted by calicokitty View Post
    A number of the grocery stores have announced special early hours for seniors to shop, no one under 60 supposed to show up. The real problem I have is they are hours very early in the day, like from 6-7 AM. And as a retired person, I have no intention of getting up early in the morning. Not having to get up early is a benefit of being a senior!

in edit: the governor issued rules shutting down almost every business in the state other than grocery stores, gas stations and pharmacies, and greatly restricting other businesses that can be open. No haircuts, no perms, no getting nails done, etc. As a positive, ordered lawyers to shutter. Even CPA's cannot work, so what does that do for people's taxes? I went grocery shopping tonight. No TP, no paper towels, no Clorox or Lysol wipes, heavily picked over frozen food area, low on bread but decent on milk. The station at the entrance that had wipes for the carts was empty. I finished with half my list being unable to fill.
    Same here.
    Jill Gallo /Manager
    The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

We went after pizza (no-contact handoff!) tonight and son went into the tiny corner market for us. They had milk, soda, TP and most other things, but no bread (we’re nowhere near out.) There were only a couple of customer cars in the lot and two masked and gloved employees, and people were literally waiting for somebody to walk out before they went in so there were never more than maybe two customers inside. He sanitized his hands when he came out and washed them when he got home, but I still worry.

Comment

I picked up some cat food, and they had a table where one usually stands next to the conveyor belt, so you could not stand close to the register. And the credit card machine was on the table. Now, I got an e-mail; you can order on-line, call when you arrive and they will bring your order out to you. And when you order on-line, you pay then. On TV, they showed some supermarkets have put up a plexiglass screen along the belt, so you do not have direct contact with the person at the register. The store where I usually do most of my grocery shopping has a one page flyer for their weekly ad, rather than the usual 14-16 pages.
        sigpic

Comment

Our grocery stores have senior hours too, but I can’t speak spanish so don’t qualify .
          The Bee and me, Maggie Forever! (January 1988- June 19, 2010), Irving Always! (March 1987 - October 25, 1999) Vancouver, BC, Theo my big beautiful boy. July 27, 2010-April 3, 2017

Comment

Seniro hours were a joke at they Safeway store I went to...they got lots of publicity for putting in the hours but then didn’t enforece them, said it was just a suggestion. The store was very crowded early in the morning, I guess with people looking for toilet paper. There wasn’t any, nor were there any sanitizers for the credit card key pad or anything else.
            Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

The one grocery store that has Senior Hours said they would ask people that look too young to leave. The one grocery store that had a sanitizer station replaced it with a person that would wipe your cart down. That store had arrows at the start of each aisle, possibly to direct flow. But I always found myself going the opposite direction. The other one had nothing. But they did not have adjacent checkouts open, and tape on the floor for distancing. I carry a small bottle in my pocket. People walking around wearing masks.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DianeP View Post
                Seniro hours were a joke at they Safeway store I went to...they got lots of publicity for putting in the hours but then didn’t enforece them, said it was just a suggestion. The store was very crowded early in the morning, I guess with people looking for toilet paper. There wasn’t any, nor were there any sanitizers for the credit card key pad or anything else.
                Our Safeway's pretty serious about it, and not only about seniors. They allow only 30 people in the store at atime. A security guard outside only lets someone in after someone else leaves. The guard also enforces the seniors only hours although I haven’t seen anyone obviously trying to sneek in. They don’t ask for id.
                The Bee and me, Maggie Forever! (January 1988- June 19, 2010), Irving Always! (March 1987 - October 25, 1999) Vancouver, BC, Theo my big beautiful boy. July 27, 2010-April 3, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by MW&MW View Post
                  Our grocery stores have senior hours too, but I can’t speak spanish so don’t qualify .
                  That was very, very bad.............. :}

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain-mama View Post

That was very, very bad.............. :}
                    I've got a a million of 'em

Comment

Working...
                    X