New restrictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New restrictions

The County I reside in is under a stay-at-home order. Schools shut at least until April 6th.
    sigpic

This is the second week we've had the schools closed. Remote teaching is not easy, especially when dealing with middle schoolers.
    Jill Gallo /Manager
    The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

After they ordered schools closed, it seemed an afterthought that many students rely on schools for their meals, so that required a quick response. Then, there are areas that have minimal Internet penetration, or even few computers at home. So that adds another layer of complexity. Tough on the kids, and tough on parents. And teachers caught in the middle.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by calicokitty View Post
        After they ordered schools closed, it seemed an afterthought that many students rely on schools for their meals, so that required a quick response. Then, there are areas that have minimal Internet penetration, or even few computers at home. So that adds another layer of complexity. Tough on the kids, and tough on parents. And teachers caught in the middle.
        We have the same problem. Busses are dropping meals off to the kids. Also, we sent the kids who don't have a computer at home with a chrome book. If they had no internet, they were provided with a hot spot.
        Jill Gallo /Manager
        The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

Our schools are now closed till 4/24. They were already prepared for online learning as they use that for snow days. Many businesses in town opened up their wifi or installed wifi so students that did not have wifi could park by the business and use internet. School buses delivered meals to pre arranged stops so the children could get the meals. We only have one grocery store and they are doing the best they can on stocking. Our biggest problem are the people coming up from.Atlanta and Florida to get away from the virus.

Comment

Schools here are closed until May 1and I doubt if they’ll open then.
            Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

Working...
            X