Excuses for too long.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excuses for too long.

With six cats, I do go through lots of stuff for them. Litter, food, etc. While I have dry food on scheduled delivery, I try to buy the rest locally. And PetSmart sends me coupons and offers specials. But getting low on litter, and not finding any decent amounts at the store, I went there. Also, couldn't get the wet food they like. They blamed Covid-19 and warehouse problems. Well, it has been a long time now, and they should have gotten their act together. It is not like I get anything exotic. So yesterday, I ordered from Chewy, and it has already been shipped. Chewy had some early on problems, but solved it. PetSmart doesn't seem that smart.
    sigpic

It’s really surprising to me that we’re having so many shortages, especially since there are so many people needing jobs. So they can’t really blame it on lack of workers. I shop at Pet Food Express, and they seem to be well stocked. I sometimes also order from Chewy
    Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

I couldn't get my normal size kitty litter, and while PetSmart showed it, no one had it in stock. So I went on the manufacturer's site, and apparently that size was discontinued. And manufacturers are cutting on the number of different sizes and packaging. But Pet Smart didn't have enough of the smaller size litter, and for Friskies food, they didn't have what I wanted, and they said they just got restocked. Chewy is set to deliver Saturday on my order.
      sigpic

Comment

We are seeing sporadic shortages here you never know what will be out of stock in the local store. I must mention I live in a semi remote area. We only have one grocery store within 10 miles and it is Ingles. They haven't restocked Campbell's soup now for 8 weeks. Their store brand soups are avilable. They now are only carrying brands of paper towels and toilet paper that I have never heard of, but at least they have something in the paper aisle now. I need Old Bay spice, I will have to get it from Amazon. We made our monthly trip to Walmart and they were almost out of litter so I had to take what I could get. I have depended on Amazon a lot these last few months.

Comment

". They blamed Covid-19 and warehouse problems. Well, it has been a long time now, and they should have gotten their act together."

My nephew works for one of those massive distribution centers and yes Covid-19 is affecting them. He got sick at his stomach a couple of weeks ago and they sent him home and he could only return after getting a negative Covid test. He was able to get the test the next day but it took 2 weeks to get the results so he was out of work for two weeks. Fortunately his employer paid him for this time off. The lack of adequate testing is costing these employers a fortune in money and shortage of workers.

Comment

Chewy initially said they had problems months ago, and alerted me to a possible delay in a scheduled food shipment, allowing me to order immediately rather than waiting a week. Now, they seem to have it under control as there have been no delays, and my Chewy order for what I had hoped to get at PetSmart arrives tomorrow. But testing is a real problem, unless you play professional sports. Then same day or next day results. But if one is an essential worker, perhaps results in two weeks. I do not understand why companies are not really screaming about testing. Health people are, but not too many seem to listen to them.
            sigpic

Comment

Where are all these strange brands of paper products coming from? Stuff we’ve never heard of! I order groceries online and then go to the store to pick up. They don’t even have paper products listed online, you have go Into the store. And they do often substitute name brand items with store brands. The last couple of times I’ve waited for pickup along with several professional grocery delivery service drivers. Life has gotten strange.
              Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

Some of the strange brands may be repurposed paper products that are normally sold to businesses, so they slapped on a new label for selling to new clients like grocery stores. One local chain pushes their own brand, (bowl and basket) which they have in good supply. I needed paper towels, and prefer Bounty, with the ability to select the size (i.e. half towel) since much of my use of paper towels is cat related. Those towels were much more expensive then pre-Covid-19, and no coupons!
                sigpic

Comment

I prefer the select a size also and in the unknown brands of paper towels I have had no problems finding them and I must admit that the unknown brands are pretty good paper towels, the price, I don't even look at

The only store doing online ordering is Wakmart and they just started a few weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                  X