Hi I have a 17 week old 30 lb coonhound puppy. He swallowed a 4 inch cooked steak bone about the size of male finger. Ahh, I wish I had an endoscope with clamps and stuff to knock him out. I would just gently take it out through his mouth. I have called vets they say to wait until he starts throwing up or not eating, having problems then bring him in for $800-$1500 surgery. I don't want to take the chance. Is there anything that will help digest the bone? Lemon juice? Vinegar? Pepsi/Coke? canned pumpkin? something that breaks down the calcium phosphorous or what ever bones are made of feel free to contact me if you have suggestions. Thanks
No announcement yet.
My Dog swallowed a large steak bone!