Does your ESA have a collar?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does your ESA have a collar?

Many pet parents would like to wear a collar for their ESA. Some collars have pet's name and parent's' phone number in case their dogs get lost.

Here is the problem: if my dog was lost and found by someone, would he use my information on bad things?

Not likely. If it really makes you nervous, you can always put your vetís number on the tag (but tell the vet, so theyíd know why anyone who found the animal was calling.) The rabies tag has a unique number on it that tells the county which vet gave the shot and which pet got it, and at least here in Ohio they can look up the petís person and phone from that. Microchips donít show, of course, but a shelter or vet can scan for them and get the same info. Itís far easier to get someoneís name and phone from a dozen other places than from a petís collar.

Comment

Originally posted by AndreaHarris View Post
      Many pet parents would like to wear a collar for their ESA. Some collars have pet's name and parent's' phone number in case their dogs get lost.

Here is the problem: if my dog was lost and found by someone, would he use my information on bad things?
      I don't know of anything a person could do with just a pets name and phone number. If your pet gets away how will anyone know it's yours?
      Jill Gallo /Manager
      The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

Working...
      X