Dog eats twigs and leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog eats twigs and leaves

My dog eats small twigs and leaves. He'll be sniffing around the ground, and boom he's eaten some little thing. How can I get him to stop doing this? I could teach him "leave it", but he eats the stuff so quickly I'm not sure that will help.

I am sure some dog owners will chime in, but it is a well known problem that many vet bills for dog owners are related to the fact that their dog will eat on just about anything. Your only chance might be via the leash where you try and intercept him before he eats something inappropriate. But if it happens while he is simply running around an enclosed yard, difficult.
    sigpic

Comment

My dogs chew on them too. The best way to stop it is to not have them around the yard for them to chew on. I don't have a better answer than that.
      Jill Gallo /Manager
      The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

Dogs are sometimes referred to as man's best friend because they are kept as domestic pets and are usually loyal and like being around humans. I have also 3 pets and love them very much. I'm always caring of them and there is an online Pet product store named Zen Dog Zone, It is a very good site and the products are very good, So I am usually using their product.

Comment

Working...
        X