Phoenix 2008-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix 2008-2020

Phoenix was an orange tabby kitten found with severe bites across his back/chest that caused a collapsed lung. The vet took about 1/4 cup of pus out of his chest. Got his all stitched up and he came to live with us. But he had an infection that was of the flesh eating type. We used a variety of antibiotics to try to cure the infection and finally found one that was very dangerous. It was the last hope -- and it worked. It took him 4+ months to recover. And he stayed with us. Over the last couple of days I noticed barf but thought it was associated with hairballs that he always had trouble with. Yesterday morning I came downstairs and he was laying in the middle of the room, stretched out as he liked to do. But he had passed overnight. I'm missing the big orange guy, the last of our kitty babies.

Linda

Aww, I'm sorry to hear about Phoenix. I'm glad he had good years with you.
    Jill Gallo /Manager
    The Petsforums Management Team

My Albums

Comment

Red boys are special, and it seems he was very special. It seems he found a great family to be with, and went out peacefully on his own terms. We always miss our furkids, and all of them burrow into our hearts.
      sigpic

Comment

RIP Phoenix. Sorry to hear about his passing.
        The Bee and me, Maggie Forever! (January 1988- June 19, 2010), Irving Always! (March 1987 - October 25, 1999) Vancouver, BC, Theo my big beautiful boy. July 27, 2010-April 3, 2017

Comment

So sorry, Linda. Phoenix went though a lot and so did you, so I’m glad he had so many good years with you. Hugs.
          Diane and Cicero - Sr. Manager:

Comment

Thanks everyone. After his problems in kittenhood, he had no other issues and was my constant office cat. I'm missing him.

Linda

Comment

Orange boys leave bigger holes in our hearts than most. He and Fred and Rusty and Alf can hang out together and purr.

Comment

So sorry you lost Phoenix, as others have said red boys are very special.

Comment

Working...
                X